Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Stitch The Summer Olympics: Day 13

Moving along!  It's Day 13 and today the theme was Synchronized Swimming...stitch something in a SAL.  I chose Day 4 of the Prairie Schooler's Santas 12 Days of Christmas.  4 Calling Birds...I had a pretty good day today.  This is stitched on 40 count Vintage Country Mocha OVER ONE!  I'm surely a glutton for punishment.  I love how small these are coming out, it's going to look so good when I'm done.  




I finally made it out of the house today and took my pinned pieces to Hobby Lobby.  They called the first day I had covid...and I just didn't have the umph to get there before today.  What a day it turned out to be too...driving through heavy downpours to get there, but I'm looking forward to picking them up!  I'll show pictures of the finished pieces when I get them back.  I also had a mat cut and picked up a frame for the Carina Nebula...that will look good framed too...so stay tuned!  

I hope everyone is safe from Hurricane Debby...still haven't heard from my SIL and her family who live in Florida...I'm keeping everyone in my prayers.  She is due to arrive her soon...I'm slightly concerned after the pouring rain today, the ground is saturated, so any high wind could cause some chaos.  So...everybody stay safe!  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

MELODY JACOB said...

Your progress on the Prairie Schooler's Santas sounds fantastic, and stitching on 40 count Vintage Country Mocha OVER ONE is impressive! I'm excited to see the final result.

It sounds like you had quite the adventure with the weather, but it’s great you managed to get your pieces to Hobby Lobby. I hope they turn out beautifully, and I’m looking forward to seeing the framed Carina Nebula too.

I’m keeping your SIL and her family in my thoughts with the hurricane situation. I hope everyone stays safe and dry.

I just posted a new blog post http://www.melodyjacob.com), I invite you to read. Thank you!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your PS Santa start is lookng fabulous, DJ. I hope you aren't impacted greatly by Debby. Happy Thursday!

diamondc said...

DJ: The Prairie Schooler Santas are such a rage now, I love seeing the older patterns come back into style, nice progress, I am so looking forward to seeing Nebula framed.
So happy you are feeling better.
Catherine