Saturday, August 24, 2024

It's Fair Time Again!

I was so excited to enter Anne Thomas in the state fair this year.  I love how she turned out! And she didn't disappoint...she won First Place in the Sampler Category!  



I also entered Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope which won First Place in the small size category...  



2024 Snowman which won First Place in the Christmas Ornament section... 



Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler which won Third Place in the over one category... 



and Carina Nebula won 5th place in the N category.  



Not a bad haul!  I entered my first fair because someone who I thought was a close friend, suggested my stitching wasn't good enough to win anything.  Another person told me my finishing was awful.  Turns out they were both wrong...and have been wrong for a number of years now.  Lesson learned...never value your self worth on those you think are your friends.  Never be afraid to put yourself out there...if you "fail" don't give up!  You can always improve on the parts of you that need work...and be open to work on yourself.  Now go out there and be the best YOU you can be!  Happy Stitching! 

6 comments:

Erica said...

They all are stunning, and well worthy of the awards! I have "friends" like that too. I get plenty of opinions and comments that are not appreciated. Best to just ignore them and follow your heart!

Shelly said...

Congratulations! Good on you for rising above the negativity too👍🏼every piece of your stitching is beautiful!

diamondc said...

DJ: I am so happy for you, all the entries are beautiful and worth Grand Champion in my eyes, I feel bad for you when someone told you that your work was not good enough, the proof is in the winnings that you are an amazing stitcher and choose the right finishing techniques, Congratulations my friend.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, well done of your efforts, putting yourself out there and bringing home the ribbons. Each one of your pieces was worthy of being entered and deemed winners by the judges. Congratulations!

The Snowflower Diaries said...

Oh sweetheart, never let yourself down by others! your works are amazing, I am very happy for you! congrats! Maja

Katie said...

Wow! Congrats. They all deserved the reward. People can just suck. I hate the hateful things people are saying to each other. Where did kindness go? You definitely proved them wrong!