Thursday, August 15, 2024

August Gifted Gorgeousness



Hi fellow stitchers and welcome to my Gifted Gorgeousness post.  If you aren't sure what Gifted Gorgeousness (GG) is, please head over to Jo's blog, Serendipitous Stitching (click here) and read about the challenge "rules".  Basically it can be anything with the word "gift" associated with it.  I have a few things to show, first up is Winter Woodland by Patricia Anne Designs from the 2023 JCS Ornament Issue.  I showed this unfinished last month, but have since fully finished it.  I actually did some finishing today, and while gathering supplies, I happened to find this little frame that was the perfect size.  I think it came from Marshalls, but probably quite some time ago.  



Next is a little freebie I stitched during the "Stitch the Olympics Challenge" I just participated in.  The freebie was Paris Souvenir by Blackbird Designs and it's stitched on 40 count Latte by Fiber on a Whim.  I found the rings on Pinterest, and changed the date to reflect this year.  It's finished on an unfinished wood piece I found at Hobby Lobby I think.   



Next is a gift from my husband for Christmas one year.   This is Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler from The Stitchy Box.  DH gave me the pattern, fabric and floss (I'm pretty sure he had help from someone at The Silver Needle where he bought the supplies.)  I recently had it framed...so it's ready for the State Fair!  



Next is a gift from Christine from Friendly Stitchers group I belong to.  We recently had an exchange where we stitched something and sent it unfinshed.  We were to finish it ourselves.  She sent me this little elf...isn't he cute?  And I found this perfect frame in my stash that came from Hobby Lobby.   I'm pretty sure I showcased the ornaments I sent her a few months back.  



I've been working on a little ornament for my DIL.  She loves sloths so I thought I would stitch this for her for Christmas.  It's stitched on 28 count white over two.  Not quite finished but gettting there.  This came in a kit.  




Next was a gift I received in a summer exchange a few years ago.  It got lost in the shuffle but I just love the colors in it.  This was an exclusive kit from The Silver Needle and is called Autumn Garden by The Scarlett House.  When I showed this in a group I belong to they suggested I make a pin drum.  What a great idea!  Now to figure out how I should go about that!  



Last, but not least, is the gift my husband gave me for our 40th anniversary earlier this month.  This is Sarah Sanderson and was an exclusive kit from Homespun Needlework FB page.  I'm stitching it on 46 count over two with NPI silks.  I can only work short periods of time as it's really a challenge for my eyes, but I love it so far.  Working with silks is amazing!!




I guess that's all I have to show for GG for now.  

I did have a productive day today getting some little things fully finished.  I've finished a few of these lately that were part of the Olympic Challenge I just finished up.  I have a few more that are close to being finished...so you'll probably see them in the future.  Anyway...here are the others I fully finished today.  Summer Posey and Winter Posey by Jeannette Douglas, both stitched on 40 count natural over two.  Both are finished on Charcuterie boards from Hobby Lobby.  




Next is Heart of Spring by Just Nan framed in this cute little frame I found at Home Goods.  You can find a lot of interesting frames there and at Marshalls.  



Next is 2023 Snowman by Primrose Cottage stitched on 36 light khaki over one that fit perfectly into this tiny little frame I found at Hobby Lobby.  This frame is 2" x 2"...so tiny.  




Last is a little kit by Shepherd's Bush called Let Freedom Bloom.  It's stitched on 32 count natural over two.  I finished it on this little star ornament I found in the clearance bin at Hobby Lobby.  I think there were 6 in the box of them.  I've been holding onto them for so long...hoping to find the right size star pattern for them, but thought this fit the bill perfectly!  



I framed the images from the Hubble Space Telescope that was a SAL last year.  I had this framed at Hobby Lobby and it's also ready to head to the fair!  



I framed this one myself it's the Carina Nebula both of these  are by Climbing Goat Designs.  I've always had a fascination with space, and found these to be so pretty!  



Ok, I guess that's all I have to show.  I'm off to get some more stitching done.  I'm hoping all is well in your neck of the woods!  Happy Stitching! 

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh DJ, it looks like the finishing bug bit you. Each one of your finished finishes is so pretty. The Beatrix Potter piece looks fabulous as do the space pieces. Simply wow! Happy Friday!

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a lovely collection of finishes, you have been busy 😀

Shelly said...

Wow, this was a super GG post! Love all that you FFOd. Mind sending that finishing bug my way? ☺️

jocondine said...

All those lovely stitchings are now so well framed! Great show! xxx

Toki said...

Many beautiful gifts. When you complete them and display them on your frame, they look even more beautiful. Still have lots of frames in your stash? I also like sloths. I'm looking forward to its completion.

Toki said...

When I visited your blog, the sloth was completed.
The sloth and the light blue ribbon decoration are so cute. Congratulations on your completion.🙌

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, you always have so many lovely projects to share. Good luck in the Fair with your Beatrix Potter sampler, it definitely deserves a prize!

Katie said...

So much beauty in this post. Love them all!!