Monday, January 2, 2023

Ringing in the New Year

Happy New Year (a day late).  I meant to post yesterday, but then I had some Kohl's cash I needed to spend before they expired, and I needed some things from Michaels, and Staples...well we had to have lunch out...and then DH decided our tree needed to come down as our ceiling is going to be fixed this week.  By the time I sat down to stitch, I was pretty tired.  I hope this isn't the way things will go this year.  If so...I'm hoping my new motto will be, "Go with the flow".  Famous last words...lol.   

I have this tradition to start something new on New Year's Day.  Usually it's something I get for Christmas.  This year DH surprised me with an exclusive pattern from Heart String Samplery.  Hope Song...it's sooooo right up my alley!  My Mom loved birds and so I guess I've picked up that passion from her.  We have feeders in the back yard and love to watch the cardinals, blue jays,  finches, wood peckers, hummingbirds and other birds that visit.  I'm pretty sure I've seen some chickadees too.  They are fun to watch.  So I chose to start that one.  The kit included all the specialty fibers and 36 count vintage mocha fabric.  I'm stitching over two but using two strands instead of the suggested one strand of floss.




I'm participating in a challenge to work on WIPs only in the month of January so I think I'll work on this until it's finished.  My goal is to finish up some WIPs I've had going for a long time.  I hope I can keep an attack of startitis away while I do this...but you know...go with the flow!  lol!!  

What are your New Year's Traditions?  Do you have any goals for this new year?  My main goals are to finish up a ton of UFOs I have sitting around and to stitch at least 32 minutes a day.  If you want more detail, you can visit my 2023 Goals page!

All righty then...time to put my plans into action.  I was promised I could stitch the day away today, let's see if that actually happens...haha.  I have little Miss A tomorrow so no guarantee I'll get any stitching done then.  I can't wait until she's old enough to hold a needle, I hope to pass my passion on to her.  Wish me luck!  Again...Happy New Year, may it hold all kinds of blessings and wonder...and as always Happy Stitching!   

EDIT:  I meant to say 30 minutes a day, using the key pad, and didn't reach far enough below...and hit the 2 instead...LOL!  Going with the flow....

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy New Year, DJ! Your new start is a beauty. I have been seeing this chart/kit around Instagram the past few days. I always start a new project on New Year's Day with a goal to get it finished within the first week. That seems to set the rhythm for the year. Enjoy your day!

Robin in Virginia said...

PS How did you land on 32 minutes per day?

Clare-Aimetu said...

Go with the flow is the only way to be. Your DH is so lovely, that's a perfect gift. Happy New Year 🎉

Shelly said...

Happy New Year! I had a new start for new year's day too and I'm excited about it.

diamondc said...

Happy Blessed New Year DJ: I have no traditions in the new year, I do not make resolutions either, I only break them.
Hope Song is beautiful, we feed the birds and have many cardinals which nest in the pine trees on the golf course, it's fun watching them go in and out of the branches.
Looking forward to seeing your UFOS progress.

Catherine

stitchingirlblog.wordpress.com said...

Happy New Year!! I'm trying to organize my Wips and prioritize them. I have a couple of Christmas stockings to get done, so I think those will keep me busy!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lovely design, I saw it somewhere else and thought it was very pretty.
I don't make personal resolutions but I do make lots of stitchy plans and goals!