Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Whew, what a ride...

I had so many high hopes for last weekend...but you know...life.  Now where have I heard THAT before?  LOL!!   It was a long weekend here in the states, thanks to Martin Luther King Jr.  So that meant no mail on Monday *sigh* and an extra day with the love of my life.  The kids were out of town...and we found we had to entertain one another...So...we did a few things we don't get to do very often any more.  

One thing was a movie date...we went to see A Man Called Otto.  What a roller coaster ride that was.  My husband and I both thought that it was emotionally draining when we left the theater and we talked about it for hours afterward.  VERY thought provoking, but if you plan on going, bring the kleenex!  

Then we had dinner at Outback Steakhouse.  We had the friendliest waiter (who happened to be the bar tender, maybe that's why he was so accommodating).   Our food was out before we finished our salads AND he gave us an extra loaf of that yummy brown bread to take home with our leftovers!  

We also had a little shopping trip to Hobby Lobby because I couldn't find my glue and wanted to do some finishing.  I FINALLY remembered the foam core I needed to fully finish my Mayflower piece I finished a few years ago, and I picked up some beads I need for a project I'll be starting soon.  

I was able to finish stitching two ornaments, one I posted about on the 15th.  The other was Christmas Love by The Little Stitcher from the 2022 JCS Ornament Issue.  I stitched this on 36 count Petite Point over two but didn't stitch the snowflakes in the pattern because I thought it would be too busy with all the little white dots on the fabric already.  Isn't it sweet?   


I started another piece called Quaker Blue Crab by Sampler's Revisited.  My DIL and I were searching an LNS last September and ran across this pattern.  We found the fabric at The Salty Yarns later that day along with the threads to stitch it with.  I'm using36 count Marvelous Fortnite fabric with Gentle Arts Sampler Thread Deep Sea and stitching it over one.  I think it will be a beauty!  



The other accomplishment (if you can call it that) is the handyman came back to paint the ceiling in the dining room where that gaping hole was repaired about a week or so ago.  I say "if you can call it that" is because some of the "mud" they plastered the ceiling with didn't dry right and it looked like a crack...so where he replastered, we will have to touch up with paint in a few days.  Very minor considering....if I can twist DH's arm to get it done...lol.  We also replaced some hideous light fixtures we have had in the basement since we moved in.  The lightbulbs were impossible to find and very difficult to replace, they looked out of place and would shine in your eyes depending where you were standing/sitting.  Anyway...it's a much nicer, and softer look for the basement now.  I'm thrilled!  I'm also tired because we had to move furniture twice...first out of the dining room, then back in.  We had to take down all the window treatments, pictures from the wall, and the knick knack shelf we had on the wall.  BUT...it's all back in place now!  I started a new project last night...I think this will take some time to finish, but it's going to be interesting.  I'll share more about that next time.

In our spare time we started watching a new series on Netflix.  I wish they didn't have to throw curse words in their programming ever other word, but we are addicted to this show!  I'm not going to give the name, as we probably shouldn't be watching it...lol.  I almost can't wait for DH to get home so we can watch another episode!  We normally only watch movies so this doesn't happen, but when we couldn't watch something on Prime videos that a coworker of his suggested, we landed on this one instead.  Let's just say they keep you hanging at the end of an episode so you HAVE to watch the next one so you aren't left sitting on the edge of your seat!  

Right now I'm awaiting the arrival of little Miss A.  I haven't seen her in over a week, so I'm excited to see her.  I'll be back in a few  days with more news.  Till then, Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

It sounded like you had a busy, but very productive weekend, DJ. The bird pair ornament is lovely and I need to go back and look at that one. If I didn't mark it, it needs to be marked so I can get it stitched. Glad the handyman returned and painted the ceiling. Enjoy your time with Miss A!

diamondc said...

Hi DJ: Nice bird design, it is so sweet.
We do date night every week that keeps our 45 almost 46year marriage last so long.
I am not a fan of the movie house, just the popcorn.
Any home improvements are a good thing, so sorry that you had a crack after the plastering.
Have a wonderful week.

Catherine

Katie said...

Lots of fun going on. Nice date days like that are important sometimes. Beautiful stitching.