Wednesday, January 18, 2023

It is finished...

It's been a day....I have tried to motivate myself, but things keep getting in the way.  Today I usually set aside to stitch on a WIP but I woke up and decided today was the day.  I have SO many completed stitching that really needed finishing...and I barely made a dent today, but I had something I'm sending to my cousin as a gift, so I had to get it finished...so I might as well get a few other things finished as well.  This owl is a gift for my cousin.  It's called The Winter Snow Owl by Blackberry Designs.  I've had it in my stash for ages, and now I will have to stitch one for myself...I have it kitted up and ready to go so as soon as I get a minute...I'll get it in a hoop.  I thought I had something that would work for finishing in my stash, but nothing really made me go "wow".  So a few days ago my husband and I went on a hunt for something that would work.  I found this amazing frame...sadly they only had one, but I thought it was perfect.  I found this at Home Goods.  Now that it's done I'll have to get it boxed up and in the mail.  



I have stitched this pattern several times but never made one for myself until just recently.  This will be the last one I stitch!  This is The Winter is Past by Blackbird Designs.  The box I finished it on was "damaged" when I bought it, there were some nails missing, and I recently found similar ones at the hardware store.  They aren't exactly the same size but I'm ok with that.  I haven't seen this particular box in a very long time so I decided I better get mine stitched and finished.  I'm so excited to finally have one of my own!  



I had Fall Posey by Jeannette Douglas kitted and in my stash for a very long time.  I have decided this year I'm stitching mainly for myself ... sorry pen pals...lol  I've stitched so many things and given them away reluctantly but I suddenly realized that maybe others won't have the same love for them that I do.  So...onwards and upwards, it's time I stitched for ME.  I've had this round board for a while now and thought it was the perfect size.  I love it when I don't have to go looking for stuff, it's about time I used up the stuff in my stash. 


 

Last is Hope Song by Heartstring Samplery.  This kit was an exclusive from Homespun Needlework FB page and you could also order the finishing kit.  I received both of them for Christmas from my husband.  It was my New Year's Day start and my goal was to finish stitching and fully finish it.  The kit arrived last week, and according to the directions it needed to be pressed while it acclimated to it's new climate (it was a bit warped, but after about a week of sitting under some heavy books it flattened out pretty well).  Everything was included in the kit including the batting, the rickrack and the mounting board.  I love it...once the glue has dried I'll have to find a place to display it.  I had a few other things set aside to finish, but I'm not feeling up to snuff today so I think I'll wait until I'm feeling a bit better before I wrack my brain trying to decide how to finish off a few other things.  



I'm off to work on some stitching now...tomorrow is another day, right?  I'll be back...till then, Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Claudette497 said...

That's an amazing parade of finishes!

Sandra said...

The frame for the owl couldn't be more perfect if you tried, love the other finishes too. I wish I could get as motivated as you, I have stitching going back years that still needs the finishing touch.

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful finished finishes, DJ! The piece you mounted the owl on is perfect for it. Looks like it was made for it! Well done!

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: Your Owl is so pretty and a perfect frame.
You have been very busy stitching and finishing.
That box is gorgeous, very nice finish for a stitched design.
I am stitching for people this year for Christmas, the last two years have been hard to stitch gifts because of Mikes health problems and appointments, its 2023 and a new year to get things done, I have a pile of stitched designs and need to construct them.

Catherine

Sandy said...

You got a lot done and they're all fantastic. The frame you found for the owl is truly perfect. Hope you feel better soon. I know it feels good to get some things finished. Good luck with all your projects.
Sandy's Space

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous finishing! The frame you found for the owl is particularly gorgeous! They could have been made for each other.

Katie said...

Perfect finishes!!! Love them all. Your year of you is working.