Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Feeling Crabby...


Well...it was a late night last night (even though I was really tired after watching Miss A most of the day) but I was determined to finish Quaker Blue Crab by Samplers Revisited.  This was stitched on Marvelous Fortnight 36 count over one with Gentle Arts Sampler Threads Deep Sea.  I put the last stitches in just before 11 PM.  I'm pleased with how it turned out and now trying to think of a unique way to fully finish it off.  I'm very thankful the frog only visited a couple of times, I counted and recounted so many times!  LOL!!  

It's been a productive year so far with NINE finishes and FOUR fully finished items this month alone!  Perhaps I'll even have a few more before the day is through!  I have a couple more crabs in my to do pile so who knows what will fall into my WIP basket next!  



I finally received my fabric for a SAL that started last month so I'll be getting the threads pulled for that today.  The fabric is called Gothic and is 36 count.  My lovely DIL found this at an LNS in Waynesboro, Virginia called Cross Stitch Station.  I foresee a road trip in my future...LOL!!   It's a beautiful piece of fabric and with a little luck I'll get that started soon!  I have a few SALs I wanted to do this year, but only one of them is started...and not really a lot to show right now so will save that for another post.  

Tomorrow I will be starting the "Love to Stitch" challenge being offered over on Embroidery.com.  This will be the third year I've participated.  Today is the last day to sign up...so head on over there and let's see how well you do.  You will receive a needle minder at the end if you complete the challenge!  (Click here to go to the sign up page).  If you look closely at the picture of my crab you will see the Witchy Stitchy challenge needle minder I received in the mail just last week!  That was a challenge from last October.  I've been counting days that I've stitched at least 30 minutes a day and have reached 344 days as of today.  Before the end of next month I will have stitched a years worth in a row!  What a lovely challenge this has become and I look forward to my 30 minutes of stitching each day!  

I guess that's all the news for today.  If I have more, I'll create a new post.  With all the crazy weather, I hope everyone is safe and warm.  Happy Stitching!   

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Quaker crab finish is so pretty, DJ. Well done! What a beautiful piece of fabric your DIL found for you. If you get to Cross Stitch Station, let me know. I would be happy to meet you there. Good for you on getting in at least 30 minutes of daily stitching consecutively!

Katie said...

Oh Congrats on your finish. I do the same thing. Close to a finish and can't go to sleep. I did it last night. Just had to finish. Soo close...sleep can wait right? Haha. Love the crab. Ohhh that fabric. Gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you stitch on it.

I'm all signed up for the challenge. It's a fun push to stitch in a normally cold cold month.

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: The crab is amazing, I like the color of the thread and the fabric, I have been visited by the frog a lot lately.
The fabric is stunning, I look forward to seeing the SAL you will be working on.
That is a lot of stitching days I wish I could say the same.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That’s a fabulous piece of fabric, looking forward to seeing which SAL you’ll be starting!
The Quaker crab is fun, there is quite a series of these animals, do you have any more to stitch?
I simply have to stitch every day, I’m on an unbroken run of about 12 years, I daren’t stop now!