Thursday, January 26, 2023

And Sew it Goes

It is my hope to blog a little more often this year...so even if I don't have a finish, I'll be posting progress pictures along the way.  I've had more time on my hands to stitch this week.  That will change next week, but for the time being, I'll take what I can get!  I am now a little more than halfway finished with Quaker Blue Crab by Samplers Revisited.  This is stitched on 36 count over one so it's pretty slow going where the stitches are more concentrated.  Still I really like how it's coming out.   I've attached my newest needle minder that I received this week.  It was from the Witchy Stitchy Challenge offered on Embroidery.com.  They will be starting a new challenge in February...I love to stitch.  If I can complete that challenge it will be my third "I love to stitch" challenge I'll have completed.  The needle minders are lovely...if you are interested go sign up for the challenge.  The rules are all spelled out there.



I've found a new passion lately for those cold mornings when it takes me a little longer to get moving.  This is my favorite mug (it's Polish pottery and just fits in my hands so perfectly to warm them up on those cold mornings).  There is something about Polish pottery that keeps things within it warm for a long time.  So I can take my time sipping slowly and the coffee stays warm.  I have a few casserole dishes made of this stuff, and it cleans like teflon...nothing sticks to it...it's wonderful!  



We had some storms move through last night, the rain was just pelting down like crazy, it sounded so loud on our roof.  I'm thankful it was rain, though I know some people were hit with a lot of snow.  Wherever you are today, I hope you are warm, healthy and safe.  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your mug is lovely, DJ. You have made awesome progress on your Blue Crab. Enjoy your weekend!

Katie said...

I just love your crab. Beautiful in the blue too. I think my magnet is in my mailbox right now. Too cold to walk up there haha. I love the February one too. Joined and signed up.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That crab is fabulous, just what we need to remind us of Summer. Love the colour thread too.
The mug looks lovely, just what you need to keep your hands (and drink) warm.