Friday, January 13, 2023

Who Whoooo Has Another Finish?

It's no secret I love owls....and I've had this in my stash for years.  This is The Winter Snow Owl by Blackberry Lane Designs stitched on 32 count Twilight Blue.  



Talking to a cousin recently I learned that her Mom loved owls too!  So I had to stitch this for her.  I will definitely be making another one for me...just not right away.  I love how beads look, and these really do sparkle though you can't see it in the picture...but I sincerely hate stitching them on!!  LOL  Not to mention that over one work on 32 count is a bit challenging.  But now that it's done I REALLY want one for myself.  So....onwards and upwards...now to figure out how to finish this off.  I'm sure a tart pan would be nice, but I think I want something a little different for this one.  I'll have to put my thinking cap on.  

So now what should I work on?  I have 5 SALs I'm thinking of stitching, but I can't wrap my head around them at the moment...so I guess it's on to Christmas ornaments!  Oh joy!  LOL  I've joined a couple more ornament challenges, so here I go.  Or maybe I should get some finishing done...decisions, decisions.  What will she decide??  Stay tuned......  

Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi DJ: What a beautiful design, beads do add that special something.
How lucky she is to get this one.
I am looking forward to seeing what you will be working on.

Catherine

Sandra said...

The owl is just gorgeous. I have a friend in Australia who I hope to see this year and she has a resident owl in her garden, so it would be a great stitch for her, thanks for reminding me about it, I shall put it on my to do list.

Claudette497 said...

That's so gorgeous! Great work!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful owl finish, DJ! It looks incredible on your fabric choice. Have a wonderful weekend!

Katie said...

Oh so gorgeous! Love the whole thing.
Good luck deciding. Sometimes that's the hardest part.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That’s amazing! Such a gorgeous design and those beautiful beads really make it extra special.