Sunday, January 15, 2023

January Gifted Gorgeousness



Here we are, the first Gifted Gorgeousness post for 2023.  You'll probably recognize most of these items...as I've shown them before.  I had hoped to fully finish them before now, but you know...life.  If you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is, please go to Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching and check out the sign up page (click here) for Gifted Gorgeousness, that will also list the "rules" and you can even sign up to participate!  The more the merrier I always say!  Then you can link up to the appropriate blog post on Jo's blog (click here).  Let's see...where do I start...

First off is The Winter Snow Owl by Blackberry Lane designs.  I stitched this for my cousin who recently told me that her Mom collected owls (like me!).  I had to share this with her.  I was able to find  a frame yesterday, I just haven't had time to pop it in yet.  Stitched on 32 count  Twilight Blue over two.  Now I have to make one for me!  



Next is Hope Song by Heartstring Samplery.  This is stitched on 36 count Vintage Mocha over two and came as a kit that my husband gifted me for Christmas 2022.  I couldn't wait to get it started and was my New Years start this year.  I have a finishing kit and hope to find the time soon to get it finished and ready to display before the month is over.  Wish me luck! 


 

Next Christmas Night by Sheila Kelly from the 2018 JCS Ornament issue.  I consider this part of GG because my husband has gifted the magazine subscription to me over the years.  It was stitched on 32 count white over two.    



Last is a freebie given years ago on the Living on a Rainbow blog.  My husband loves the Grinch and this was supposed to be his to hang on the tree this year.  I was late getting it stitched, and still haven't fully finished it but hope to very soon.  I'll have to post again when I get everything fully finished!



I'm going to share what my husband also gifted me for Christmas.  I'm spoiled and I know it!  LOL  I'm looking forward to stitching from these books and this Beatrix Potter Quaker sampler very soon!  I guess that's all that I have right now.  



I hope you all are having a prosperous and healthy New Year!  Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great projects and super stitching. Your DH is so lovely to support and encourage your stitching hobby, great selection of charts.

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing.

diamondc said...

DJ: Nice gifts, I am looking forward to seeing what you stitch out of these booklets.
Nice choice of Christmas ornaments, I am interested in your finishing I look to other stitchers to get ideas on finishing.
Have a great day.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Lovely to see the projects again, especially that beautiful owl.
Great haul from your husband, that will keep GG going for several months!

jocondine said...

Lovely stitchings. I hope you'll start soon the Beatrix Potter Quaker sampler, it looks great! xxx