Saturday, January 7, 2023

Moving right along...

I had an "off" day on Friday, and by that I mean that DH was back at work and Little Miss A was at daycare.  I had the house to myself and since it had been a busy week, I spent the day stitching.  I'm hoping to finish up the 12  Days of Christmas from the book Sam Hawkin's 520 Christmas Cross Stitch Designs.  The end is so close!  I was able to get Three French Hens started yesterday....and eventually finished today between chores.  This one makes me giggle.  I'm not sure if you can really see the detail in this one, but she's dressed like a French lady but is still a bird.  Isn't she regal?  



Someone asked in the last post what the black bird was...that was Four Calling Birds.  Wasn't his scarf spiffy?  



There is so much detail in these little designs...the outlining is killing me!  LOL  Keep in mind these are stitched on 32 count over one.  There are times it's difficult to find the hole when outlining...  I'm going to start Two Turtle Doves next.  While I have enjoyed stitching these, I'll be happy to have these finished.  I made copies of the pages these designs were on as working copies...but they are a little difficult to follow as the different colored blocks are similar in some cases...don't you hate that?  

I did a little happy dance yesterday as the finishing kit came for Hope Song.  Included in the kit was the board, cardboard for mounting, batting, rickrack, and directions on how to fully finish.  Maybe I'll post pictures of the process once I find a big chunk of time to do the finishing.  We have plans for tomorrow and Monday (little Miss A will be visiting for the day) so Lord knows when I'll get back to working on my stitching.  

I was asked to join a Round Robin this year.  I have to say, it was a difficult decision to say no this year.  Not only is my time limited because of Miss A, but we have a lot of plans for this year.  I know of quite a few trips we will be making, now that the kids are getting settled in their new home we are hoping to clear out the basement of all their belongings, then we hope to begin sorting through and downsizing a bit.  We have a little bit of work to do on the house as well.  I even had to tell my Texas pen pal I had to take some time off as I don't need the pressure of having to stitch on a deadline, it was truly hard on me last year even though I really enjoyed getting to know her.  I just know when it's time to create some space.  It's going to be a busy year.  In all honesty I'm a bit relieved.  There are so many pieces in my stash I really want to stitch, so I'm making them a priority this year.  

And on that note, it's time for me to finish up the dishes and head to the basement to go through another box.  Happy Stitching everyone!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

It was me who asked about the black bird, so thanks for clearing that up. I found the book on Ebay and another on line book shop, but now I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. I don't like stitching from coloured squares, I don't know if it's my eyesight or what, but they all seem to merge into one after a while. I suppose I could print off working copies, then mark symbols on myself, to make things easier. I've already stitched one set of 12 days for my ornament tree, but these are adorable. I won't be stitching on 32 count though, over one on 28 is fine enough for my elderly eyesight. Thanks for the inspiration.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your latest finish is beautiful. Happy to hear the finishing kit for Hope Song arrived! I look forwrd to seeing your fully finished piece, DJ. Enjoy your Sunday!

diamondc said...

Hi DJ: Its important to take time for ourselves, we can burn out too easily.
I like that the hen is dressed like a French hen she is so sweet.
I hope you shoe photos of Hope Song.
I need to construct so many stitched projects that is my goal this year.
Have a wonderful week

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love your blackbird's scarf. I haven't joined in a Round Robin for many years, always fun. I think just now our post is too disrupted to consider one. You are a kinder person to say No than feel obliged and then stress about the stitching, well done you!

Katie said...

Good for you. Enjoy life and enjoy your stitching.