Saturday, January 21, 2023

I knew this would happen...

It's Deja Vu  LOL  You know, when you are somewhere or see something you've experienced before?  Yup!  Here I am starting a new project that wasn't in my wish list and isn't a WIP I was hoping to finish.  Ah well...you know when you have an attack of "startitis" best to go with the flow.  It all happens when I'm searching for something, and I run  across some things I've had set aside.  I don't think I found what I was looking for...but did think I really wanted to start this one.  Blue crabs are a specialty here in Maryland.  They even wrote a song about them...lol.  When I found Quaker Blue Crab last fall I knew I had to stitch it.  It was all kitted up, and just staring at me while I was looking for something else...haha.  Anyway...here's where I am this morning.  I'm stitching this over one on 36 count Marvelous Fortnite with Gentle Arts Sampler Threads Deep Sea floss.  There's a lot of stitches in this little pattern...I hope I will still be able to see when I'm done...LOL!  The fabric is a much brighter turquoise than this picture shows.



What are you stitching on today?  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

You are making awesome progress on the Blue Crab, DJ. Today, I will be working on the piece for the complimentary SAL I am doing with a friend this year. Hope you have a good weekend!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the Stitch What You Want vibe! I also like a Quaker animal so it will be fun to see this grow.
I’ve just got my IHSW post up so you can see my progress pics there.

Katie said...

Haha I get it completely. Why I have so many pieces in WIP haha.

diamondc said...

Hi DJ: I have done the same thing then realize I have stitched this before; I just keep going.
I am going to have to look up the crab songs, giggles.
The fabric and thread color are perfect together.

Catherine