Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Fall is in the air...

I'm only one season late...LOL!  I can't tell you how long I've had this in my stash.  I love Jeanette Douglas designs and have a few kitted up waiting in the wings.  With a little luck I might just get one started this year!  Anyway...here is Fall Posey by Jeannette Douglas stitched on 40 count natural over two with one strand of the silk floss included in the "kit".  I have always loved the fall, the leaves rustling as you walk along, that earthy smell that comes as temperatures begin to fall, and the colors of the trees.  I miss the seasons in Northern NY where I grew up.  I guess that's why this particular pattern caught my eye.  I'm glad to have finally found time to stitch it!  



Now I need to figure out a way to fully finish it.  Stay tuned!  I have quite a pile stacking up...I feel a finishing session coming on!  Happy Stitching everyone! 

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful fall piece you stitched, DJ! Perfect fall color palette!

Mayte said...

Precioso bordado

Sandra said...

I love Jeannette Douglas's designs. I stitched this one a while ago and finished it in a tart tin and you should be able to do the same if you used 40 count. I'm sure whatever you choose to do will be lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a lovely floral design. It would look good in a tart tin or maybe a trivet?
I saved all her floral bouquets from last year.

Katie said...

Beautiful. I love the fall crispness.