Saturday, February 4, 2023

Crabbiness Continues

 I'm not sure why I'm in a crabby mood...but when I found these last fall I had a crazy idea.  I still have one more in my stash, and if I can find it I'll probably work this up soon...BUT!  I promised a couple of people I would do some SALs with them.  So...here is Maryland Flag Crab from Samplers Revisited that I finished on 28 count Espresso over one.  I really do love the Maryland State flag, it's so unique.  It was a quick stitch that I finished in 3 days!  



As for the SALs I'm doing...let's see.  First up is Count Twice by Plum Street Samplers.  I'm working on this with Ms. Mouse.  We agreed to start on the 2nd of February and work on it on Thursdays until it is finished.  I didn't have many of the colors listed on the pattern, so I substituted most of them.  I'll compile a list when I'm done.  I'm stitching this on 40 count Hogbristle.  I'm loving it so far!  



The second is Part Of Your World by Story Stitches.  I bought all the materials for this SAL being offered free on the Story Stitches website for my DIL for Christmas.  I've begun the frame, but already the first window has been published.  Hopefully I can at least finish part of the frame and the first window before the next window is published.  It's hard to see in this awful picture, but it's being stitched on a lovely shade of green!  Wish me luck!  



I've been working on the ornament challenges I have signed up for...I've only finished one for this month so far.  Here is Poinsettia by Punochka from the 2020 JCS Ornament issue.  I think this is the third time I've stitched this lovely!  It's stitched on 32 count opalescent raw over two.  I have someone specific in mind for this one this year!  



I guess that's all I have for today.  It's bitter cold here, but I know of colder places so I'll just be thankful I'm here.  My best friend from High School posted that it was 30 below in my old home town this morning.  I'll take my 17 below thank you very much!  Wherever you are, I hope you are warm, healthy and happily stitching!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your Maryland crab piece, DJ! You have made good progress on your SAL pieces. Pretty poinsettia ornament! Have a good week!

Katie said...

Love it! We just booked a trip to North Carolina coast. First thing Jeremiah and me got excited about.....crab legs!!! We love them and they are expensive to order here and you hardly get any. So unlimited is in our future haha.

Great work on the SALs and love your ornament too.

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: The crab is amazing in those colors, I am looking forward to the next one you do.
Nice start on Part Of Your Count Twice is a sweet design, I see many are stitching this design.
The Poinsettia is beautiful, I do like the Just Cross Stitch Ornaments magazines.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That crab is a lot of fun! A collection would look great. I haven’t seen the Story Stitches SAL yet so I’m looking forward to that one progressing.
I love the Punochka Poinsettia, she has a set of coordinating ornaments in her Etsy shop.