Thursday, February 16, 2023

Remembering...



There are days...and there are days...this lady has been on my mind a lot lately.  Today is her "going home" anniversary.  She was loved by so many...especially her family.  She was a nurse, and worked mainly with maternity patients and their babies.  She just loved babies.  And she certainly had a way with them.  And people remembered her...whenever we went anywhere in my hometown we would run into people and they would say things like...you were there when my son/daughter/grandchild was born.  She helped deliver (and on some occasions delivered some herself) many babies and sometimes generations of babies.  Now that I'm a grandma I find myself wishing she were here...she would have loved her great granddaughter.  So...she's been on my mind a lot lately.  I miss her.  When she passed it was weeks before I could write about her on my blog.  I just couldn't find the words...but here is what I eventually wrote.  I'm leaving the link here mainly for myself so I can find it later.  (Click here).  Anyway...I almost apologized for writing a "downer" but then reminded myself, my feelings matter.  It's ok to have a moment of sadness as long as we don't stay stuck in that moment for too long.  So today I'll remember her fondly and remind you to make the most of the time we have with those we love,  you never know how much time we have with them.
 



3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful tribute post, DJ!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely, thoughtful post. It is important to talk about those who have left us, they live on in our memories and conversations.

diamondc said...

DJ: You brought tears to my eyes, lovely tribute.
She sounds like she was an amazing Lady.
Catherine