Wednesday, February 15, 2023

February Gifted Gorgeousness


Yikes!  This past month passed by so quickly...it's making my head swim!  It's time for Gifted Gorgeousness already!  If you aren't sure what that is, please visit https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/ where you will see those who are participating and if you click on the link in the header for Gifted Gorgeousness Sign Up, you can read the rules (basically anything pertaining to gifts either to us or for others) and even sign up to join us if you like!  Thank you Jo for organizing and keeping us on the straight and narrow!  

Well I've been stitching along merrily, but most of the things I'm stitching can't really be considered GG.  I have finished part one of Part of Your World SAL, this is a freebie out there on the web by Story Stitches.  I stitched Tale As Old As Time last year for my DIL (which reminds me, I still have to get that framed!!!) and my DIL decided we would stitch this new one together this year!  I don't have all of the frame finished yet, but the first part is complete.  The fabric and floss were gifts from my husband for Christmas...and I'm loving it!  



I did finish a couple of ornaments that came from the Just Cross Stitch magazine...I consider these GG because my husband has gifted me the subscription every year!  First up is Christmas Love by The Little Stitcher from the 2022 JCS Ornament issue.  I didn't stitch the snowflakes because of the dots on the fabric, but I think it looks fine like that!  



Next was Poinsettia by Punochka from the 2020 JCS Ornament Issue.  I have stitched this before a few times, but have given it as a gift, so one of these days I'll keep one for myself...haha.  I do think this will be a gift too, though.  



Next was My Wishes For You by The Queen Stitch from the 2022 JCS Ornament issue.



I didn't have this fully finished for the last GG post, so I'm showing it again here.  This is The Winter Snow Owl by Blackberry Lane.  I found this frame (but could only find the one) at Home Goods.  I'm still on the look out...haha.  I made this for a cousin whose Mom loved owls as much as I do.  I really want to stitch this one for me...as soon as I get a chance!  



Ms. Mouse and I are working on our own private SAL.  She sent this pattern to me for Christmas as she had two and suggested we work on it together.  I scrounged in my stash and found fabric and threads (I substituted all but one of the colors) and found things that were as close to the colors as possible.  This is Count Twice by Plum Street Samplers.  I'm only supposed to stitch on this on Thursdays and I've been true to my word, but it's such a fun stitch that it's hard to keep my fingers off it!  LOL  Thank you again, Ms. Mouse!  I think this week will be a bye week as she has other important matters to attend to this week!  Here is my progress after two Thursdays of work.



This last one isn't really a GG piece, but I'm including it here at the bottom because I finished part one of Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope SAL last night.  I have always been fascinated with astronomy and love to star gaze.  I think it's wonderful that our DIL and her mother work at a place that sends things into space.  Whenever I work on it I think of them!  This is a SAL offered through Climbing Goat Designs and when I saw it I just knew I had to stitch it.  It isn't free.  I had a hard time finding the right fabric so when my DIL said she was stopping at a needlework store on her way to WV, I asked her to find some fabric for me.  This is such a gorgeous piece of fabric!  I wish I had asked her to buy more!!  It's called Gothic and unfortunately I don't know the maker.  Anyway, watch this space because the next portion will be released in a little over a week and I'll be anxious to start the next part!  



It's crazy that today landed on a Wednesday (WIP Wednesday), the day after Valentine's Day...it's been a busy blog week!  I'm off to see what I'll be stitching next...do you remember when Netflix first came out with all those series you could binge watch?  They had commercials about being in a show hole....after binging an entire series and you didn't know what to watch next?  Well....I'm in a stitch hole...wondering what project I'll dig out next to stitch on.  So...I'm sure I'll come up with something soon!  Watch this space!  Hahaha!!

Aaaaand I'm off like a herd of turtles....Happy Stitching!   

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Each one of the pieces you shared are lovely. I love the finished owl piece. Happy Wednesday, DJ!

jocondine said...

So busy as always, so many lovely stitchings! The frame is perfect for the owl, great finish. After seen your Hubble SAL, I can't stop imagining you in an astronaut suit stitching and floating in space. xxx

Elfie said...

Gorgeous projects, beautiful stitching.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. For someone without much to show, you have plenty of gorgeous stitching! Lovely work on the ornaments.
The Hubble Telescope is fabulous too. Would it be a Picture This Plus fabric called Gothic? I have heard other stitchers talk about it before but never owned a piece. I don’t think I have any PTP actually. I do have some Silkweaver I was gifted but most of my fabric comes from UK dyers.