Saturday, February 25, 2023

And so it goes...

Well, I've had a "dabble" in a few different projects, because of the SALs I'm working on.  I just downloaded the next part of the Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope part this morning, so as soon as the dust settles from today I'll be picking that up to work on the next part.  I love this SAL, and have been stargazing lately thinking about this SAL.  

Have you seen the "trio" lately?  I've been seeing the Moon, Venus and Jupiter pictures on Facebook lately, so when we were outside the other evening, I looked up to see this!  (Sorry for the craptastic photo).  



It was such a clear night and even with all the light pollution we could see the stars very clearly in the sky...so spent some time with my son's app to look at the different constellations.  I wish we lived in the country so we could see more of the universe!  Anyway...while I've been waiting for different SAL parts to be published I've been working on a few other projects.  

First up is Count Twice by Plum Street Samplers.  The lovely Ms. Mouse in England sent me this pattern for  Christmas/Birthday and suggested we stitch it together as a SAL.  I've been working on 40 count Hogbristle over two, with all substituted colors (hoping to get as close as possible to those listed).  So Thursdays this gets pulled out and worked on.  Since I watched Ms. A on Thursday I was only able to work for a short time but got quite a bit done on the flower on the right side.  This is fun working on it together!  I found a mistake the other day but I think you would be hard pressed to see it so I think I'm going to leave it in...just thought it was funny because it was a counting error.  Haha...well no one is perfect!  



The other project I've been working on is A Heart Remembers by Blackbird Designs from the book A Heart Remembers.  I posted my start the other day and told of the trials and tribulations about getting this started...lol.  Here is were I was last night.  This is stitched on 32 count Legacy over one.  



I'm about to make a little road trip to Baltimore today to visit Needlecraft Corner with my DIL.  The guys and Miss A are going to watch the Capitals play hockey on the TV so we thought we'd escape for the day.  I have a little list, wish me luck!  I hope you all are having a fabulous Saturday!  Happy Stitching!   

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful WIPs you featured in Saturday's post. Hope you had a wonderful outing to Needlecraft Corner, DJ.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The photo of the night sky is so clear and bright. All the local photographers have been out here getting pictures of the Northern Lights. It's very unusual to see them this far south.
Lovely work on your WIPs too. The over one stitching is stunning.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Super photo of the sky, it was cloudy for us. Your Count project is lovely, what a nice SAL. Your over 1 looks amazing, very intricate on 32ct.