Friday, February 10, 2023

SALing Along...

I've finally got some SALs going though not nearly as many as I had hoped.  I have several I'm following, but can't seem to get my act together...where have I heard that before?  

My DIL and I decided we wanted to stitch Part of Your World by Stitch Stories which is the Little Mermaid themed SAL.  I do enjoy the older Disney animated movies...and this one in particular.  Anyway...I bought the materials she needed for this free SAL and gave them to her for Christmas.  DH bought mine for me as a Christmas gift as well.  I finally found time to get started the last day of January.  The frame had been released in January but I just didn't get started until the first "window" had been published.  Hopefully before the next window is released I'll have the first window done and most of the frame...I'm getting there slowly but surely.  I'm stitching this on 28 count over two on a lovely shade of green that was part of the package you could buy before the SAL started.  Here is where I was last night when I put my needle down.  



Mouse sent me a lovely pattern (as she had two of them) and suggested we do a SAL together.  We agreed to start last Thursday and work on them on Thursday throughout the month.  I'm working on 40 count Hogbristle over two which is becoming one of my favorite fabrics to work on.  I substituted most of the threads, I think I am only using one of the suggested colors...but the rest are as close as I could get from my stash.  I'm still trying to use out of my stash (sorry Ms. H...you won't have as much inheritance as you once thought...LOL!!).  I've been pretty good so far this year I think I've only had to buy 6 skeins of floss.  



I'm hoping I can get one of the Blackwork SALs started that I have been following, either Peppermint Purple or The Steady Thread, both are just lovely this year, but I can't decide on the version to stitch, or the colors.  This is where I usually do get stuck...lol.  

I also would like to start the Climbing Goat SAL which is pictures taken from the Hubble Telescope.  Once I'm a good way on POYW I will begin that SAL.  The next section will be published on the 25th so I better get stitching!  

Ok, so that's what I've been up to for the past few days.  Hopefully next update will be even more done on these SALs.  Fingers crossed!  I hope wherever you are you have fair skies and good health!  Happy Stitching! 

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of the SAL pieces you shared in this post are looking good, DJ. Have a wonderful weekend!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your SALs are looking good, happy stitching

diamondc said...

DJ: You have been busy, I am looking forward to seeing your SAL progress.
Count Twice Stitch Once is a lovely design.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice new starts! I saw the Hubble Telescope design on your FB and it looks amazing!
Out of the blackwork SALs, I think the Steady Thread Botanical Hexagons is my favourite one.