Sunday, February 19, 2023

SAL Number Three!

I have been collecting SAL parts for several SALs...13 so far this year...and I'm sure there will be more as the year progresses.  There are several I sincerely hope to stitch this year.  I have started three (two have had pictures shown on this blog already) so I thought I would share number three!  I have stitched a Peppermint Purple Blackwork piece once before, and her designs are delightful!  This one has me wanting to pull my hair out...LOL!  She has several free layouts and I chose Layout Two Border Two with a combination of Blackwork and Cross Stitch.  Oh boy!  Sometimes I feel like I've bit off more than I can chew!  LOL!!!  I'm stitching this on 40 count over two using just two colors (there are two combinations she chose but as per usual, I went my own way...LOL)  DMC 310 and DMC 3806.  I have used the 3806 alone many times, I just love that color, it's very calming and I think it works well with the black.  PLUS I have tried stitching from stash for the past couple of years, and crazy enough, I have just kitted up 5 projects I wanted to stitch and had all but 5 skeins that I needed!  I had the fabric and most of the floss and the patterns in my stash!!  Yes, I'm a borderline hoarder I think.  So since I had so many 3806 already I just decided to go with that.  Here is a picture of my progress so far.  



I'm working on the inner border with parts 1-4 already stitched.  So far 7 parts have been published.  Hopefully I'll catch up before too many more parts are released.  I'll post another picture when I'm caught up and you'll see progress on Gifted Gorgeousness posts as this is another freebie.  If you are interested in seeing the designs or participating in the SAL you can find her on Facebook under Peppermint Purple Blackwork SAL.  I hate to sound boastful but I'm loving how this is turning out!  Who knew I would love blackwork so much?  I'm hoping to catch up by the time the next Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope is published.  Wish me luck!  Happy Stitching Y'all!  

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your blackwork piece is looking incredible, DJ. I love your thread pairing.

diamondc said...

DJ: I like the black with the 3806, lovely together.
I am trying to stitch some of my stash, hopefully I can get some done this year.

Catherine

Sandy said...

It sounds very tedious and hard on the eyes. But, it's looking great so far. I would need to work in little short burst I think with the dark colors. Something I've noticed has worsened in the last couple of years.
Sandy's Space

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The blackwork is lovely. I'm collecting them all too! The Steady Thread Botanical Hexagons is my favourite so far.

Mylene said...

This Blackwork SAL is looking beautiful. I love it!
May i ask as you used 40ct fabric...do you use 2 skeins of threads over two or 1 skein over two.