Saturday, December 31, 2022

A year in review...

It's been a wild year!  I had high hopes of finishing a lot of the UFOs I've had for  years circling in my stitching room...sadly that didn't happen...lol.  I took on the responsibility of a pen pal and my mind was wrapped up in stitching for her each month along with my British pen pal who was sadly neglected.  I've given up my Texas pal I was just too overwhelmed each month trying to think of new ideas along with my responsibilities watching little Miss A.  I've also decided once (or twice) a year will be enough for my Brit pal.  

I'm happy to report that I started and finished a few of the things I hoped to start this year.  Of the 12 I listed, I started and finished 4 of them...and started a 5th but didn't finish.  I was doing well until about September when things went sideways...lol.  

Of the 12 WIPs I listed, I finished 1.  Of the 3 SALs I started, I finished all three!  

Of the 9 actual decent sized projects I started, I finished 8 and entered one of them in the Maryland State Fair...which won second place in the category of things starting with the letter K.  

I finished stitching 122 items this year, most of them small gifts and Christmas ornaments.  I fully finished 55, mostly Christmas ornaments and pen pal gifts, though I did finish 4 that were entered in the Maryland State Fair this year.  

I participated in Christmas Ornament challenges this year, and while I dropped out of one category, I finished the other 4.  That made a total of 48 ornaments I stitched for the challenges, but made more that were specific to other people.  Not all of them were fully finished.  

Not a bad tally for the year, considering we did a lot of traveling this year.  I have listed some goals for the New Year, but may change them a bit as the year progresses.  I really want 2023 to be the year I finish up some of the UFO's I've had going for a long while, and also a true clean up of my sewing room.  With Christmas, I squirreled some things away to make room for decorations and now I can barely get into that room at all...haha.  Famous last words.  We will see what happens.  

So here's to looking forward to a New Year...as Anne Shirley would say...It's a new year with no mistakes in it...so far.  Here's hoping I can really get some meaningful stuff done.  I received some lovely stitching gifts this Christmas, and hope to stitch more of those bigger projects.  Fingers crossed I will be able to get more of that done in 2023.  So as 2022 comes to a close, my thoughts are looking forward to a productive stitching year.  Wishing all of you all the best in the coming New Year and as always ... Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those are some pretty impressive figures! My best years for finishes were when I stitched a lot of smalls too.