Thursday, December 15, 2022

December Gifted Gorgeousness



Well, here we are...the last GG post of the year!  It's been a wild, crazy ride this year, and I almost hate to see it end...full of fun and lots of laughs.  Let's see....If you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is, Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching hosts this throughout the year.  Basically we post anything stitch related and gift related at the same time...either to us or for someone else.  If you want to know the technical rules, please visit the page on Jo's blog by clicking here.  If you want to see Jo's amazing stitching and what others are posting, you can click here.  You may be directed to the Advent Calendar she posts each December, but look a little further and you'll see the Gifted Gorgeousness post.

Where to start?  Hmmm...well let's start with the Linen & Threads 2020 SAL, I finally have a finish!!  The last two parts seemed never ending!!  I'm happy to have it finished.  That was the third large piece I finished that I started and finished within the year!  Yay me!  LOL  I'm thankful to the Linen & Threads folks for such a lovely sampler.  I wonder what they will do next year?  



I found this little Wonder Woman on the web as a free crochet afghan pattern that I adapted to cross stitch.  If you remember our granddaughter had a "one"der Woman party for her first birthday.  I thought it would be fun to make her this ornament to commemorate her year.  I still need to make it into an ornament, if only we could stay home for a minute and a half....haha.    




I finished this pattern from a JCS magazine Dec 2008.  My husband has gifted me all the magazines so I consider anything I make from them a GG.  I saw this way back in 2008 and wanted to stitch it then...I think I'll start stitching things for me next year, I have so many I really want to make!  Christmas Gathering is ready to be framed!  (I even have the frame...just need the time!  I sound like a broken record..LOL) 



This next piece is a Christmas gift for my DIL.  She loves anything beachy.  I haven't decided how to finish it but I'm leaning towards a block finish.  I have some beach pins I thought I would stick in the top...if only I had the time!  I'll get there (hopefully before Christmas).  It is from Barefoot Needleart.  I used what I had in my stash, so some of the colors are quite different...but I like how it came out.  



I have sent this next one through the mail...it's been taking it's time crossing the ocean.  She hasn't received it yet, but hopefully soon!  I love how this one came out and will be making one for me one of these days.  This is Wishing Ewe Christmas Peace by Homespun Elegance.  I found the little candle tray at Hobby Lobby.  I'll have to go back and pick one up for myself, I almost didn't let it go!  LOL!!  



I received my gift from my GOF (Gift of Friendship) partner from Canada since the last post.  I showed what I sent to my partner in England in the last post.  I'm thinking of all the fun things I can do with that linen...stay tuned!  



I received a lovely gift from Mouse ... it arrived after my birthday but before Christmas so she told me I could open it!  Yay!  It's always fun to receive a gift from Mouse, look at all the lovelies she sent!  She is such a gifted seamstress, and all the other goodies will come in handy!  I already have something in mind for the bellpull hardware!  



I sent this next framed piece to my pen pal (who I told I would have to stop sending things as I'm just too busy to keep stitching consistently each month).  I stitched this for her birthday but couldn't bring myself to make the needleroll...so had to find another way to finish it.  She texted to say she loved the package I sent (again I forgot to take a picture) which was full of patterns, a book, and a few stitched items.  



Here are some of the ornaments I stitched this year made into ornaments.  I was making them up even on the day we went to hand them out at Thanksgiving.  




I saw a post by Stitch Picasso on Facebook asking for volunteer stitchers.  I chose Bridge over a River to stitch, and finished it on this little thing I found at Hobby Lobby.  Not my best finishing, but I love the colors in the pattern...it's hanging in my stitching room now!



I found this little free pattern on the Living on a Rainbow blog.  It's called Stay Home Mitten.  I thought it would be cute for the kids since this is their first Christmas in their new home.  I really hope I can finish those last few ornaments for the kids...keep your fingers crossed!!



Last is something I made for my friend Lady M.  Her birthday was in November, but things kept getting in the way (mainly that I was sick and she didn't want to catch the creepy crud I had that lasted several weeks).  I finished The Winter is Past by Blackbird Designs and finished it on the last good box I had from Hobby Lobby.  I can't tell you how many of these I've made, and I finally stitched one for myself...now to find the right box to finish it on...wish me luck!  LOL  Lady M loved it!  



I guess that's all I have for this month.  I did hope to stitch a few more ornaments, I'll have to get busy (or not sleep) until Christmas is here...haha.  I still don't have my tree up!  Can someone order a few more hours in the day please?  Thanks for stopping by!  I hope everyone has a very happy, healthy holiday season!  Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: This is a wonderful post full of so many lovely and wonderfully finished stitched items.
Your Homespun Elegance is my favorite design and finish of this post,it is beautiful.
Lovely gift packages, you are truly loved.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I cannot believe how many amazing "gifted" pieces you've received, finished, or are in the process of finishing. You are blessed to have so much gifting going on in your life. Happy stitching! -Andrea

Clare-Aimetu said...

You are so kind and generous to stitch and send so many beautiful gifts. Mouse sent you some lovely gifts. Merry Christmas 🎄

jocondine said...

It's not a GG post it's a GG show! So many lovely stitchings, congrats! Beachy Christmas is great (but so weird to me, all I want to stitch is winter things and snow). Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

Mouse said...

lovely gifts you have stitched and sooo pleased you love what I sent you too, looking forward to seeing more what you have been up too since this :) love mouse xxxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month and this year. You always show us some amazing gifts. I am sure I wouldn't be able to part with half of them!
Love the Wonder Woman design and the mitten ornament too. It must be nice to have another household to stitch for!
Looking forward to seeing that you have for us next year.

Katie said...

All beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing.