Wednesday, December 21, 2022

2022 Advent Calendar Blog Hop


Welcome to my contribution to the Annual Advent Blog Hop organized by Jo over on her blog, Serendipitous Stitching.  If you would like to see what others have been stitching for this event, please click here and it will take you to the Advent Calendar Page.  I've participated in this for a number of years now, always fun to see what others are stitching and to count down the days to Christmas.  

This year I'm posting a picture of a design I stitched in exchange for a winter scene painting with a lady who is the mother of a high school friend.  It came from a Leisure Arts book entitled Christmas Portraits and is called Noble Companions.  I love everything Christmas, but especially Nativities (I collect them).  It's been a while since I stitched one of those, I better fix that next year!  

Along with the picture we are to post, we are to share our "afters" which has been described as our desserts after our Christmas meal.  My favorite is pumpkin pie, but as the men in the family don't like that, I usually make a couple of our favorite desserts, Buckeye Balls (peanut butter and rice krispies rolled into bite sized balls and dipped in dark chocolate) and chocolate fudge...so creamy and literally melts when it hits your tongue.  Along with that we have sparkling cider or Egg Nog.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

It was always tradition in our family, when I still lived with my parents, to have another big turkey dinner and invite an older couple we adopted as our grandparents over for dinner.  There was always lots of food and good conversation...lots of laughs as well.  Our house was very small, and when we extended our table, you couldn't open our refrigerator or move around the table, so we had to make sure everything was on the table before we sat down.  LOL!!  Over the years our Christmas celebrations have gotten smaller, but now that we have Miss A around, I have a feeling they are going to be a lot more fun!  From our house to yours, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and abundant Blessings in the New Year!  Oh yeah, and Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

Claudette497 said...

That's a beautiful piece of stitching! Beautiful memories too!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. Your Santa and reindeer is a lovely design with a great story.

The chocolate fudge sounds delicious. Pumpkin Pie seems to be more of a Thanksgiving thing but then I heard the song Rocking around the Christmas Tree and they mention it there!

I really do think that Christmas with young children is a very special time, make the most of Miss A this year!

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas DJ, this is a lovely Santa, I hope you have a beautiful Christmas

Catherine

Sheryl said...

I like the beautiful stitched design and the little bow and charm as a finishing touch. The desserts sound delicious too. Happy Christmas

jocondine said...

Santa stitching is amazing, great pattern. The finish is nice too. Can't wait the Christmas dessert now that I read about all those of our stitching friends every day with this nice blog hop! Of course, miss A will make your Christmas wonderful, lot of hugs to her. Joyeuses fêtes de Noël DJ ! xxx

FlashinScissors said...

Love your Christmas stitching! What a fabulous reindeer!
It was nice reading about your old Christmases and I can imagine how tight it was around the table!
That peanut and Rice Krispie recipe sounds very tasty.
Hope you have a lovely time over the Christmas period.
Barbara xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful Christmas stitching. Thank you sharing your 'afters' Wishing you a Merry Christmas 🎄

Tiffstitch said...

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and lovely stitching!

Sandy said...

Loevely cross stitch. Had to laugh when I read your memory. I wasn't too different back in the day with a small house and increasing family size. Chairs were folded and everyone had to get in their place before opening their chairs. Fun memories.Merry Christmas.
Sandy's Space

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that's a really impressive Christmas stitch! The peanut butter balls sound so yummy too.