Thursday, May 30, 2024

Frosty Weather

Well, it hasn't been frosty weather here, quite the opposite!  But I'm keeping cool by stitching winter cross stitch.  I have had this particular pattern in my stash for many years.  I was searching for something (unrelated) and stumbled across three of Blackberry Lane patterns and decided to stitch this one first.  This is Frosty Weather.  I stitched it on 32 count blue with white dots fabric.  It's hard to see well, but there are TON of French Knots in there along with a lot of straight stitches.  The tree has birds sitting in it along with a few little bird feeders and some hanging treat bags.  There's a lot going on in this little picture, I think that's what I love about it most.  I think I have a frame handy for it, I'll be getting it framed soon!  



I'll be working on another Blackberry Lane soon.  This one is patriotic, and will be a bear to finish I think, but I'm anxious to get it finished.  I had hoped to start it on Memorial day, but didn't quite get there....too much going on.  

I had a fun outing with my family last night.  We went to see the  Red Sox play at Camden Yards last night.  We sat through a few brief showers, just enough to keep us damp for most of the game...lol.  Miss A wasn't too disturbed though I think she was a little tired, she wasn't her boisterous self.  It was an exciting game as Gunner Henderson hit a Grand Slam that gave them the win.  They are fun to see!  I'm hoping we have better weather for the next game we are going to!  



And that's all the news that's fit to print.  Take care, and Happy Stitching! 

3 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Frosty Weather is a cute stitch, nice family photo. We've had nothing but rain here for months!!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a pretty snowman piece you finished, DJ! Glad you had a good time at the game even though it was a bit rainy. Have a pleasant weekend!

Katie said...

Your Snowman piece is just beautiful. I wish it was winter haha. It's hot today and I'm already sick of the heat haha.