Saturday, May 4, 2024

May the 4th be with you!

Happy Star Wars Day!  May the 4th be with you!  I have been following The Stitching Shack on Facebook, and they started a challenge for this month.  We can either stitch on a Star Wars themed project or start a new project that pertains to space.  Since I couldn't readily put my hands on my Star Wars WIP, I decided to start this pattern.  



This is called Carina Nebula by Climbing Goat Designs.  I fell in love with this pattern quite some time ago when I saw it on the NASA website.  Yeah, you read that right!  I did some digging and found out the Climbing Goat Designs were the designers...and they were going to begin a SAL last year.  I signed up for the SAL called Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope which I completed in December of last year.  Carina Nebula still held some fascination for me and while surfing last week I mentioned it to my husband...who told me to buy it as my Mother's Day gift.  That brings us to today when I thought it would be appropriate to start on Star Wars Day!  I actually had some 28 count fabric I thought might be a good choice for the fabric (it's a complete coverage pattern) and it's called Laurel Green.  I didn't want all white, or all black, and this seemed like a good compromise.  

I have another finish to share, this is called Kitten in Santa Hat by Stoney Creek that I found in  the Summer 2017 magazine.  I substituted the holly leaves button for something I had in my stash.  Such a cute pattern!!  I do love their Christmas designs!  



I guess that's all I have for today.  I hope you are all having a lovely Star Wars day (keep your eyes on the skies, I hear we are passing through a debris field in the universe and we may be able to see some shooting stars the next few nights!  Happy Stitching!    

6 comments:

Mary said...

Happy May the 4th. I love the project you chose for the SAL. I was able to kit up Obi Wan Kenobi as a new start. Your finish is so cute.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful design you started on May 4th, DJ! The skies were overcast and rainy here, so if there was a debris field, we didn't see it. Your kitten ornament is adorable. Happy Sunday!

Katie said...

How fun. I always say that's meant to be when everything just happens perfect for a new piece. Can't wait to watch it grow.

The finish is too cute. The little holly berry is adorable with it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those Climbing Goat designs really are perfect for you. Great start for Star Wars Day

diamondc said...

Hi DJ: Lovely designs, I am looking forward to seeing the progress on the Nebula, that cat is positively adorable.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching for Star Wars day, did you see the Northern Lights on Friday. I missed them but lots saw them here in the UK