Wednesday, May 15, 2024

May Gifted Gorgeousness

Hi Fellow Stitchers!  Welcome to my May post for Gifted Gorgeousness (GG).  If you don't know what GG is all about, you should visit Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching.  (Click here)  Basically we post on the 15th of each month things that pertain to stitching gifts.  They can be gifts to us, or to others, and may be fabric, patterns or floss.  It's a great way to give a small nod to those things we have been given, to let those who sent them know we appreciate their gifts.  

I've been a little distracted lately with some challenges that have been going on.  May 4th I started a pattern that was gifted to me from DH as my Mother's Day present.  I had been mentioning it to him, and while I was surfing one day, he told me to buy it.  It was the perfect project to start for Star Wars Day (May 4th), a challenge I'm following on the Stitching Shack Facebook page.  Some days I get a lot done, others have not been so productive, but I have still been getting my goal of at least 30 minutes a day done!  At last count I've not missed a day in 810 days!  This is called Carina Nebula by Climbing Goat Designs.  It is stitched on 28 count Laurel Green over two.  I love her space related patterns, as I've always enjoyed sky watching!




Before I was distracted by the challenge, I had begun stitching on Happy Snowman Stocking which is a Dimensions Needlepoint Kit.  I've had a ton of advice how to stitch this stocking, all great advice, but in the long run I decided to just use either the basketweave, or the tent stitch.  There are too many color changes to do anything more fancy.  Eek, don't crucify me for being basic...lol.  Maybe if I had a little more experience I would try something more elaborate...but for now, this is what I'm doing!  Hopefully I'll finish Carina Nebula soon and get back to my Snowman.  



I finished this cat in the hat for a gift for an exchange.  While I love how it turned out (I wish you could see all the sparkle) I'm not sure this is the type of ornament she would like, so I'm on the prowl for another pattern.  So...this may (or may not) be a gift...we'll see.  This is Kitten in a Santa Hat from Summer 2017  Stoney Creek Magazine.  Stitched on 28 count white over two.  



I guess that's all the news for now.  I hope you all are merrily stitching along!  Happy Summer!   

5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching projects, I love the cat. I think you've made a wise choice on the stocking, happy stitching

Robin in Virginia said...

I think your decision for tent or basketweave stitches on your granddaughter's stocking is the best idea, DJ. The kitten in the hat is adorable. You have made awesome progress on your May 4th piece.

jocondine said...

I'm a great fan of your Carina Nebula, love to watch to sky too. Now it's thunder! Nice to see different patterns on the blogs. Well done on your every day stitching goal! xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Great work on the Nebula. Well done on the stitching streak too. I'm not sure how long mine is but it's at least 13 years as that's how long I've had a blog.

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything.