Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Happy Cinco de Mayo and I'm a real Maynia Mayniac...



Happy Cinco de Mayo!!  I love my little Cinco de Mayo duckies...hahaha  I guess you'll probably get tired of seeing them every 5th of May...but there they are.  I'm getting quite a collection!!

As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short talking about Maynia...I was so focused on May the Fourth be with you...that I never gave Maynia much thought.  So....as I was contemplating my navel yesterday, I thought....since I've worked on something different every day so far (except one) I decided I would continue that through the month.  I'll try to work on something different every day (I probably have 30 things I could work on whether they be WIPs or new starts...) so here is where I am so far.

On May 1st I started Christmas Snowflake by Shannon Christine Designs.  I've had this in my stash for quite some time, then I decided to order some fabric by Stephanie and sent for Midnight Tryst in 32 count linen.  That's what I'm stitching it on...and there is a LOT left over...goody...so you'll probably see this color a few more times in the future!  Here is where I ended the first day...


On May 2nd...I worked on Christmas Snowflake again because I wasn't thinking about Maynia...ooops...hopefully this will be the only day that I didn't change projects.  Here is where I finished on the 2nd.


On May 3rd I started and finished the 5th part of the Birds and Blackwork Flowers SAL by Leslie Teare.  I am in love with this SAL!!!  The colors are so pretty and I'm enjoying stitching blackwork...who knew??  I was able to start and finish this in the same day!  This was stitched on 28 count over 2.


On May 4th (May the Fourth Be With You) I worked on Star Wars.  This is stitched on antique white 28 count over one...and so far I've only been using 310.  They suggested 11 skeins of black for this one....you'll be seeing a LOT of this color!  LOL  My stitching buddy, Cindy, is also working on a Yoda for Star Wars day...but we agreed that we would try and stitch on them on the 4th of every month...so hopefully I will actually finish this one day!  We will see!



Today I started and finished 5 Golden Rings!  This is stitched on 28 count white over two.  I couldn't fully finish it because I don't have the button that is called for near the bottom.  I literally just sent for all the buttons I will need to finish the rest of the series.  Now I have to wait...probably for a while since the dang virus is slowing everything down...but at least the stitching is done...so watch this space!


So....I'll have to give tomorrow some thought....I have a couple of things I want to start...so we'll see what happens.  If I have time I'll blog again tomorrow.  Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Great work on your Maynia pieces. My son would love that Star Wars piece. Enjoy the rest of your month. I'll be here cheering you along.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your snowflake piece is looking gorgeous! Good for you on your finishes! I am here cheering you on for the remaining days of your Maynia.

Annie said...

Beautiful stitching! I love the SAL by Lesley Teare; it looks so colourful and fun to stitch:D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great way to "accidentally" start Stitch Maynia!

I like that Shannon Christine design, I am not keen on her figures but her geometric ornaments are lovely.

Nice variety for the other projects too! I think you should invest in a cone of 310 for that project, well worth the money.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A good start and progress on your Maynia projects.