Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day Maynia!


Whew!  It's been quite a day!  I'd like to wish all the Mother's out there a very Happy Mother's Day!  I know it was a hard day for some of my friends and family, missing mothers and some missing their kids.  I got a lovely text from my Nephew who showed me pictures of what they had done at my Mom's resting place, installing a shepherd's hook with a hummingbird on it and a lovely basket of geraniums.  My Mom loved to garden and always had geraniums around her house in the spring.  I wish I could have done that for her, but I couldn't travel up there right now.  I'm happy they were able to do something so nice for her.

My son visited for a short while...always keeping with the social distancing guidelines...masks and all.  It was good to see a part of his face at least!  LOL  He brought me a box of Lindt chocolate truffles...yum!!  And Heather brought me a lovely mug that made me cry.  If you can read the text on the mug you'll know why.  And DH gave me a lovely bag of chocolates too, along with a lovely cross stitch chart.  I was truly spoiled!



It's also day 10 of Maynia...and I had a little time to stitch up a Christmas ornament from the 2011 JCS Issue.   This is Winter Squirrel from Victoria Sampler.  I substituted beads for the buttons...I wish I had had some though, those buttons really  made that so cute!  It's stitched on 28 count natural over two.


I picked up the piece I was working on yesterday since I had a little time and finished the second mermaid.  I still have the border to do...maybe I can get a little more done on another day.  I sure like how this is coming out!


Whew...that was a lot more than I expected to post...but again, I hope you all had something to celebrate today...whether it be your Mom's, your kids, or just that it was a beautiful day.  Happy Stitching!


5 comments:

Julie said...

Your new daughter in law to be has wonderful taste, a lovely verse on the mug. She obviously treasures you.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your family so clearly love you.

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, what lovely gifts and goodies you received from your family! Love the mug you received from Heather! Your squirrel finish is adorable. Enjoy your week!

Katie said...

How fantastic that your nephew could help you out in this crazy time. What a beautiful gift. Unfortunately I have a horrible relationship with my mother in law so I'm so glad you guys are close. That is fantastic. Beautiful work on your Maynia pieces.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a fabulous mug, she obviously appreciate you.
The squirrel is so cute, a nice little quick stitch.
Glad that your Mum is being taken care of too.