Friday, May 15, 2020

May Gifted Gorgeousness


It's that wonderful time of month where we get to showcase our gifted items!  Thanks to Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching who hosts this challenge, I've been working on items that have been gifted to me, or items I am gifting others.  She has a page where you can sign up (and you an sign up at any time) and a list of rules if you are interested.  You can reach that page by clicking here.  And if you want to see what the rest of us are doing, you can find us on her main page by clicking here.  

It's been a bit chaotic here at DJ's Digs...so hopefully I won't duplicate things...I've been a bit out of wack lately.  First up is Marie Antoinette's Kaleidoscope.  I have worked on this since the last GG update, but will work again on it in the next few days for Maynia.  Here is where I left off since the last update.  This was a gift from my husband for our anniversary one year.  He got all the threads, beads and fabric too as a surprise for me!



I was able to finish up Blooming Bouquets Thankful by Jeanette Douglas...a gift from a friend who received the kit at a retreat but decided not to stitch it.


I finished the May bird from Birds and Blackwork Flowers by Lesley Teare...this SAL was a gift from my husband for Christmas.  I love these creations...the colors are fabulous.


I finished up two Christmas ornaments.  My husband gifts these magazines to me every year.  The first is Peppermint Pal Carolyn Manning Designs from the 2019 JCS Ornament issue.


And the second is from the 2011 JCS Ornament issue called Winter Squirrel by Victoria Sampler.


I started working on more pieces of Sarah Elliott's Sewing Chest that was  gift from a friend of mine.  I finished the top part for a challenge by my LNS last year, so I decided to finish more items from the chest for part of Maynia.  I didn't finish this part, it's the underside of the top.  Aren't the mermaids amazing?  They are stitched over one on 36 count mourning dove fabric.  I'm nearly done, all that is left is the over two stitching, the border around edge.


And who could forget Gloria by Tempting Tangles? This was also a Christmas gift from my husband.  I'm working hard to keep up with this SAL!!  It's stitched on 32 count white opalescent.


I've put a few more stitches in Beach Wedding which will be a wedding sampler for the kids.  The wedding had to be postponed (it would have been this Saturday) until September and we are keeping our fingers crossed that it will still take place then.  Hopefully they will have this virus under control by then.


I stitched up this baby Yoda (I guess the name is really The Child if you want to get all technical...LOL) for a friend of mine.  We Star Wars fans need to stick together!!!  LOL


I won't be posting any Maynia pictures today...I'll post then the next time.  I hope all of you are keeping safe and staying well!  Happy Stitching!


7 comments:

Julie said...

A delightful post DJ, filled with so many lovely things.
The Lesley Teare blackwork is stunning, it's so elegant and I do enjoy seeing that one each time you post.

Elfie said...

So many lovely projects, DJ - and all so different. Your needle must be hot. I always enjoy my visit to your blog.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You have lots of beautiful projects on the go or just completed. Marie Antoinette is impressive.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

THanks for taking part in GG this month, you have so many lovely gifted projects. The Wedding Sampler must be the most special though. The Chatelaine is completely gorgeous too! Especially on black fabric.

jocondine said...

Great GG post, so much done, nice to see all your progress on so many beautiful stitchings. xxx

Katie said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful pieces.

Tiffstitch said...

So many beautiful projects! Well done on your finishes too.