Thursday, June 29, 2023

Whew...just in time...

I have a list of Christmas ornaments I hope to stitch each month on my goals page for this year.  I'm way behind in the 12 Days of Christmas stitching, but I like to keep up with the other two.  Most of these will be given as gifts so you'll probably see these again in a couple weeks, but I thought I'd share them now.  I just barely finished them in the month of June...I just need to fully finish them...but time...you know...  

So first up is Noel by MTVDesigns.  This was in the JCS Ornament issue from 2022.  This was a fun stitch.  I did make an oops, but I'm ok with it.  This was stitched on a scrap of 32 count Beeswax over two using the recommended DMC substitutions.  Now to figure out how to finish it off...  



The next was Bear-ly Waiting for Christmas by Black Swan Designs.  This can be found in the 2001 JCS Ornament issue.  I have wanted to stitch this one for a while, it's so cute!  So it's stitched on 28 count Beige Jobelan over one.  It calls for beads, but I substituted Kreinik blending filament for the beads.  It added a little sparkle, I thought.  



I've been continuing to work on Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope SAL.  I haven't quite finished the June portion...but I'll be working on it today.  I have it on a frame that a little too big for it, and I'm having challenges holding it lately.  I truly love how this is working out, but I will say...working on 40 count dark navy is giving my eyes a run for the money!  LOL  I love this too much to put it down though!  



It finally quit raining long enough for me to pick up two pictures from the framer.  I am so thrilled at how these turned out!  Now to find a place to hang them...  First up is Gloria by Tempting Tangles Designs.  This was a SAL a number of years ago that had been languishing in my closet for a few years.  It's stitched on opalescent and was a royal pain to stitch on.  But I persevered and now it's ready to be submitted in the state fair.  Fingers crossed!!  



Next is Flowers and Lace by Kooler Designs.  I loved this the moment I first saw it stitched.  I scoured the internet for the pattern and found out it was an OOP kit.  I contacted the designer and asked if I could just get the pattern.  She told me it was already being reformatted and would be available for purchase as a PDF in the very near future.  As soon as it was available I bought it...then it sat in my closet for a few years.  While I LOVE it, it was a challenge to stitch and things kept getting in the way.  I was determined to finish it this year...and voila'!  Another thing ready for the fair...I hope!  



Ok...I guess that's all that's fit to print!  I hope wherever you are you are free from the fires/smoke from the Canadian wildfires, that you are safe and cool/warm and enjoying life.  Happy Stitching!  

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Darling ornaments you have stitched, DJ! The Hubble is looking good. Both of your framed pieces are gorgeous. Where did you end up getting them framed?

Shelly said...

Love the ornaments, they're cute! The Hubble SAL looks wonderful on that fabric.

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Just love our framed pieces. Perfect.