Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Finally! I have a finish!

It's been a while since I had a finish!  I have barely had time to stitch 30 minutes each day for weeks now, and half the time I was so tired by the end of the day, even that was a struggle.  I've been working on this little piece for months now.  I started this back in February.  Lots of things happened in between and so I thought I would bring this along on vacation hoping to finish and start something else...hahaha.  What is it they say?  When you make plans, God laughs?  Anyway...here is A Heart Remembers by Blackbird Designs.  I stitched this using DMC floss on 32 count Legacy over one.  Now to find a frame small enough...Hobby Lobby here I come!  LOL!!



I find it ironic that I finished this on my Mom's birthday.  My heart still remembers her....and I miss her more than ever.

It's a dull dreary day today.  I took two pieces to the framers before I left on vacation but brought the foam core home to stretch them myself.  They called the day I got back and said everything was ready for me to pop them in the frame...so they have been stretched and I'm bringing them to the store today.  I'll have finished pictures soon!  I can't wait to see them framed!  Now I'm off to do a little soul searching to see what I'll be stitching next.  It's WIP Wednesday so I guess I better pick something that is already in the works...any guesses?  I'll show pictures next time.  Till then....Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Your finish is just perfect, I really like how the DMC colours have turned out. If I stitch this, I shall have to use 28 count, as I can only work over one on 32 in small areas. The little bird centre top is adorable, maybe I could just stitch that on it's own. Thanks for the inspiration, I don't think I would have even considered this design if you hadn't stitched it.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful piece you finished, DJ! I can't wait to see the pieces you are framing.

Katie said...

Wohoo fantastic finish!