Sunday, June 4, 2023

Oh the places you'll go!

We've been on an adventure!  I was so busy I didn't take many pictures...but I did get a bit of stitching done too...so buckle up, get yourself a beverage, and hang on to your socks!  Here we goooooo.....  

First off, we drove to West Virginia with the kids to help them with Little Miss A.  She is so animated and so much fun, but she runs circles around us!  LOL  It was a busy but fun weekend.  We visited a Strawberry Festival, ate at some wonderful restaurants, and literally ran circles in the house we rented.  I played hide and seek with Miss A for quite some time, I think she had as much fun as I did.  

We stopped at Cross Stitch Station in Virginia on the way down AND on the way back.  Terry was a very good enabler and I found I couldn't resist when I found some gorgeous fabric, and her models spoke to me about several patterns I just had to buy.  I was also able to find all the fibers I needed to finish kitting a few different patterns.  You'll be seeing them in my rotation soon!  Her shop is lovely and so chock full of things, it was a stitcher's paradise!  Terry was so helpful in finding everything I needed.  If you get the chance, give her shop a visit!  You'll be glad you did!!  








So here are a few shots from our WV trip...I loved how the shadows of the clouds played along the green of the mountains along our drive.  




I saw this sign on the way to WV and thought to myself, if I didn't know better I'd think I was in Jolly Olde England!  



Miss A gave us a hand while working on some cleaning one day...  



Trying to get Miss A to sleep after a busy day...  



I didn't get a whole lot of stitching done...I didn't have my good light with me, and Little Miss A kept me busy, but I was able to work on Santa's 12 Days of Christmas Day 2 every day while there.  I was working on 40 count over one (why am I such a glutton for punishment?) and the light wasn't bright enough...I could work much faster after I got home and finished it there.  



Then there hasn't been a lot of time since we got home but finished this...My Stitcher's Heart by Hands on Designs.  I stitched this on 28 count white over one so it would fit in this little tray.  I hope to stain and finish this tray soon!  




I received a lovely gift before we left on our trip.  I don't have pictures of all the things Miss Mouse sent from England, but here is the stitched gift she sent.  I love the finish on this lovely easel.  It has pride of place on my mantle!  Thank you, Mouse, I adore it!!



Guess I didn't have quite as much to show as I originally thought.  Hopefully I'll have more to show next time.  In the meanwhile...Happy Stitching!


5 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: Little Miss A is positively adorable, nice progress on your stitching, thank-you for the tour of the shop.
Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Nice gift from Mouse.
Lots of nice new stash.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

It looks like you had a wonderful adventure, DJ! I recognize that picture with the Gainesville/Manssas Dumfries sign. Thank you for sharing the pictures of the shop you visited. I haven't been to Terry's new shop yet, but it looks much brighter than the old one. What lovely goodies you received! Have a wonderful week!

Katie said...

What a fun trip and experience. Precious memories were made. Beautiful stitching.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely trip and so many memories being made. The needlework shop looks amazing!
Taking a 40 count design was probably not the most practical idea! But the Santa does look great.
Lovely gift from Mouse. Stitchy post is always lovely to receive.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

ps if you were in England, you were on the wrong side of the road!