Saturday, June 24, 2023

Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope SAL

I've been falling behind in my SALs this year.  Just too much going on I guess.  I did finally get a big chunk of time in the past few days to get the 4th part of the Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope done.  The 5th part is a bit larger...and I don't know if I'll get it done before the next portion is published...I think I'll move on to something a little easier on the eyes and come back in a bit.  It's been rainy lately, and the darker skies have made it a little hard to work on this with the dark fabric, but I have to say, I love how this is turning out.  Pictures don't show the subtle changes in the colors of each section so you can't really see how pretty it really is.  Either way, I thought you might like to see a progress pic before I move along.  



I know we needed rain here in MD, but the torrential downpours we had yesterday were a bit crazy.  It turned the road into our subdivision into a river at one point...crazy weather for sure!  I hope you are safe and dry and warm wherever you are today....Happy Stitching! 

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Hubble piece is looking fabulous, DJ. We had rain yesterday, but nothing like what it was about 3 miles down the road. It was definitely surprising to see as we drove through it. Happy Sunday!

Katie said...

Neat piece. We are in the need rain category here in Wabash, Indiana.

diamondc said...

DJ: I can understand the difficulty stitching on dark fabrics, I have had problems with it, the lighting has to be just right.
It really is a beautiful design.
I hope the rain lets up for your area, we need rain.

Catherine