Monday, June 19, 2023

June IHSW



Well, THAT didn't go as planned!  LOL  It was International Hermit and Stitch Weekend last weekend.  We had just arrived home on Friday,  and I guess the kids missed us!  We had to have dinner with them and see Miss A that night.  I still got my 30 minutes in, but barely.  We got home fairly early, did 7 (yes 7!!) loads of laundry, had the kids over for take out, unpacked and put our suitcases away, and then sat down to watch a show on TV to unwind.  Saturday the kids had made plans to see a minor league baseball game in Aberdeen...north of Baltimore.  I was completely exhausted so stayed home, but stitching was clearly a chore when you are so tired...so not a lot of stitching that day.  Sunday was Father's day...so dinner with the kids.  That brings us to today where it is our son's birthday, and they wanted to take Miss A to the zoo.  I, again, begged off.  DH was sick over our vacation, and now I guess it's my turn.  BUT, I would much rather be sick at home for sure!!  Anyway, I said all that because, I don't have much stitching to show you.  I worked exclusively on A Heart Remembers by Blackbird Desigs while I was away for 8 days...then also over the weekend.  I think I made it to the half way point yesterday.  Here is where I started Friday, and where I ended Sunday.  




I REALLY want to finish this before too long.  I'm not used to spending weeks working on the same project...lol!  But finish I will before the month is over!!  

While I was away, a package was delivered but I didn't get to open it until last Friday.  My package arrived from Marina from Canada in the exchange I was a part of.  She was very generous, and as I was removing each piece I kept saying, it was like she read my mind.  Everything was just perfect for me!!  She knew my favorite color, that I liked violets, and that I have been stitching the 12 Days of Christmas by different designers.  She included small frames for Christmas ornaments (I stitch a lot of those through the year), needles and counting pins in the needlebook and biscornu...which were delft motifs which I adore!  She even sent fabric the correct count and color that I use so often.  So many things that she knew I would love!  Thank you again Marina!  I dearly love everything you sent!  I can't wait to get started on the kit!!  I feel well and truly spoiled!  



And on that note, I'll bid farewell.  I'm headed back to bed...and I hope I feel better soon. Ugh...I'm not a patient patient that's for sure!  Happy Stitching everybody!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I love your 'A Heart Remembers' and I dug my chart out to have a closer look. Your leaves look very blue compared to the chart picture, so I was wondering if you are using the called for threads. If you're using something different, I would love to know what please, the effect is gorgeous.

Robin in Virginia said...

You have made awesome progress on your Blackbird piece, DJ. What a lovely exchange you received! I am sorry you are under the weather and I hope you are feeling better soon. thinking of you.

Katie said...

I just got over a summer icky cold. Hope you are well soon. Your exchange package is lovely indeed.