Thursday, June 15, 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness June

It's been a wild ride this month.  We haven't been home much lately, for one reason or another, so I don't  have much to show this month.  For those who don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness (GG) is, please visit Jo's blog, Serendipitous Stitching (click here) for a full description, and you can always sign up to join us!  It's never too late.  You can also see what the rest of us are doing for this challenge.  Basically it's anything associated with the word "gift", either to us or for someone else.  I did receive a lovely gift from the lovely Ms. Mouse over in England.  She sent a few patterns and other things, sadly I didn't take pictures when the package arrived.  I did take this picture of the lovely easel finish of the beautiful stitching!  She used purple, because it's my favorite color.  Thank you sooo much Ms. Mouse.  I truly love it, and it was placed on my mantle after I opened the package, in pride of place.  



I participated in a summer exchange this year and made a few things for her.  I took a picture before I sent out the package.  I'm pretty sure it has arrived by now, so I'm posting the picture.  I hope she likes all the things I sent.  I'm never sure about things I stitch, so I stitch a few hoping that she likes at least one of them...lol.  



Here are Kissy Cross Biscornu



Do what you love by Hands on Designs



Life is Better by Lizzie Kate



My Stitcher's Heart by Hands on Designs



Summer Posey by Jeanette Douglas  



I sent a few things back to Ms. Mouse, I made a wedding sampler for her daughter who was married earlier this year....and a little gift for Ms. Mouse too.  I didn't take a picture of that package, but do have pictures of the things I made for her.  

Two Hearts One Love by Victoria House Designs



Roses, Violets, and Forget Me Knots from the book Miniatures in Embroidery finished into a pendant.



I made two ornaments, these will be gifts, though I'm not sure who I will give them to yet.  I also consider them gifts because my husband has gifted me all the Just Cross Stitch Magazines from the very first issue.  

First is Christmas Snowflake by Giulia Punti Antichi from the 2021 ornament issue.


  

Next is Snowy Greetings by Living on the Rainbow from the 2022 ornament issue.  



I know you've seen most of these before but just wanted to include them in the GG post for the month of June.  I haven't been stitching much as life has just been so insane.  Luckily I've been able to stitch at least 30 minutes each day.  I brought several projects but have only made progress on A Heart Remembers by Blackbird Designs.  Here is how far I've got at the publish of this post.  I know it's not technically a GG item, but thought you might like to know what I've been up to.  This is stitched on 32 count Legacy over one.  I dearly love how it's turning out! 



Ok, I guess that's all that's fit to print.  I'm going to leave you with some pictures of our trip to NY state.  From the lovely Tupper Lake in the Adirondacks, to the beautiful St. Lawrence River that separates NY from Canada.  I even included a picture of the start of our trip just outside Baltimore where the smoke of the Canadian wildfires occluded the skyline on our way out of Maryland.  We've been visiting with long time friends and family who we haven't seen in years due to one reason or another.  I'm thankful these good friends know and love us for who we are, and even though we haven't been in touch for ages, when we see one another it's like no time has passed at all, and we can chat like we just saw each other yesterday.  Those are the best kind of friends aren't they?  All of these people have known us for more than 40 years and at one time we lived together closely like family.  I hope you all are healthy and happy wherever you are.  Happy Stitching!     









6 comments:

Sandy said...

Whew.......looks like you did lots of stitching to me, despite being gone. I'm sure she's love the gifted items. Nice variety.
Sandy's Space

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful stitched and finished easel from Mouse! What lovely pieces you stitched and finished for your exchange, DJ. Enjoyed the pictures you shared from your trip and the pieces sent to Mouse. Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!

Elfie said...

So many gorgeous things stitched, given, and received. All your pics are lovely too.

jocondine said...

So many lovely stitchings... love the pendant (wish I could make one one day) and the envelope shape ornament is (was) on my list for new Christmas ornies. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. What a lovely selection of gifts too! You really do spoil your exchange partners.
Glad that you enjoyed your meet-up with your old friends too.

Katie said...

Gorgeous work on your pieces. Your exchange partner is very lucky indeed. Beautiful photos of your trip.