Thursday, May 25, 2023

Fully Finished Frenzy...

Well...as you all know, I'm not a big fan of finishing...lol.  BUT after going through stuff looking  for things and finding TONS of items in need of fully finishing, I decided I'm going to try and fully finish what I stitch as I can each month and maybe some from years past, as some of these things really need to see the light of day.  So today, I pulled out  the smalls I stitched this month, and got them finished!  I still have more to do, but I think I will wait on the 12 Days ornaments and finish them all after I finish stitching them all.  Anyway...here are some familiar things fully finished!  They are not always my favorite thing to do but now they are done and I feel so good about it!  Yay!!  

Snowy Greetings!  



Rose and Rosebuds miniature!  



Christmas Snowflake!  



Do what you love!  



Next I need to find a place to get some framing done.  I've been told about Total Framing and am considering it...but I really wish there were something closer to home.  Decisions, Decisions...I'll let you know what happens...  

I decided on the 12 Days of Christmas patterns I wanted to stitch this year.  I've decided on Santa's 12 Days of Christmas by Prairie Schooler.  I have stitched the first one (and started on the second one) on 40 count Vintage Country Mocha over one.  I'm questioning my mental capacity...LOL  It's a challenge and where the stitching is dense, it's truly difficult to get the needle through the fabric at times (I've even bent a needle) but I love how compact, vibrant, and small they are...so I'm going to soldier on.  I'll let you know if I hold it together mentally and physically (with my eyesight...lol).   



So far so good!  And on that note, I'm headed back upstairs to work on Day 2 of the 12 Days.  Wish me luck!  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness, your FFOs look wonderful! I really need to knock some out too; I'm getting quite the pile. Have fun on your Day 2 ornament!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your PS Santa looks precious in its tiny size, DJ. Well done on the finishing! Each one is lovely. Have a relaxing weekend!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on the fully finishing! You’re too late for Rachel’s link up in May but there’s one every month so watch out for June’s.
Love those tiny PS Santa designs, they are going to be adorable!

Katie said...

Oh I love the beautiful finished pieces. I love the tiny 40 count stitching. I know it's a pain but soooo worth it.