Sunday, May 21, 2023

IHSW-International Hermit & Stitch Weekend


It all started with an innocent remark to Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching...LOL  I had seen several people posting about IHSW and always thought....rats, I missed it again.  I mentioned to Jo that I always heard about it after the weekend was over, that I could never remember when it was, and was usually busy on those weekends.  Next thing I knew she sent an invitation to the Facebook group and voila' I got a notice before the weekend.  Even though I was busy, I was able to set aside a big chunk of time, and devoted it entirely to finishing this ... Flowers and Lace by Kooler Designs.  Here are before and after pictures.  




I even had a couple of hours extra to stitch this...Christmas Snowflake by Giulia Punti Antichi from the 2021 JCS Ornament Issue.  This was stitched on 32 count Summer Skies by Sparklies ... the fabric was a gift from Mouse!  I use it sparingly because I love it so much!!  



I'm so excited because I made a list of big items I've started and have lost the will to finish.  I decided this year I was going to give it my best shot.  I'm falling behind in some SALs I'm working on, and I have a few busy weeks coming up, but at least I've finished 3 of the biggies I was hoping to finish so I'm calling it a huge win!  LOL

I'm off to gather stuff for a gunnado (another term Jo introduced me to) which will be my next project....Prairie Schooler's 12 Days of Christmas Santas.  I'm getting smaller projects kitted because I'll be busy for the next few weeks and want something quick and small to pick up and work on.  And on that note, I better run.  I'm meeting up with the kids for a family day where the guys work today.  Can't wait to see the cutie who calls me Gigi!  Happy Stitching!!

3 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: Flowers and Lace is so beautiful, lovely colors in the flowers.
The snowflake is so pretty.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, well done getting Flowers and Lace finished. It is gorgeous. The snowflake is pretty and glad you were able to get to it. Lovely fabric you stitched it on. Have a good week!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I’m so glad that you made such wonderful use of the IHSW! I guess I just assumed you were already in the group.
It’s such a beautiful piece, so delicate and pretty.
I love Sparklies fabrics too.