Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Triumphant Tuesday!

I'm calling it a triumphant Tuesday because I have finally put the last stitch in Rose Ada Featherstone 1894 by Hands Across The Sea.  I have enjoyed working on 46 count over two, honestly, especially with the 100.3 silk.  I love the feel of silk in my hands....but definitely NOT in the pocketbook...LOL!!  I'm glad I got the chance to work with it on this piece though.  I must say I wasn't totally in love with the really bright colors, but I do like how it looks finished!  



So now I'm off to work on another piece that has been waiting in the wings for quite some time.  I really want to go through my stash and finish up some of these pieces that have been languishing in my closet for far too long.  As soon as I finished Rose Ada, I immediately picked up Gloria.  



I truly want to finish this soon, then find a good place to have it framed so it will be ready this summer for the fair.  Here is where I am at the moment, with only 5 more pieces of the pattern to complete.  I did put a few stitches in before I came here to post about it, and the difference between silk gliding through 46 count linen and DMC tugging through 32 count opalescent is tremendous.  LOL  I remember, now, why I set it aside for a bit.  But just like I powered through Rose Ada, I'm going to do the same for Gloria.  I want these finished, then I can, in good conscience, pick up something I know I will enjoy stitching.  Look at me being all disciplined for a change.  I wonder how long this will last?  LOL!!!!  

It's a dull dreary day today, with an ear ache and headache yesterday, I slept a good portion of the day.  The ear ache is gone today, but the headache remains...and the dreary weather is calling me back to bed.  I wonder what the rest of my day holds for me?  We shall see.  Whatever your day holds in store for you, I hope it includes some relaxing stitching!  Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

mylene said...

That is a lovely finished, and Gloria is coming along beautifully.

Shelly said...

Hashtag mature! As a flosstuber would say about your decision. Rose is beautiful!

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on finishing Rose Ada, DJ! She is a beauty. Gloria is looking good. Thanks for the chuckle about tugging DMC through the 32 count fabric. While I like the looks of opalescent fabric, it is a pain to stitch on regardless of the thread you use. Hope the headache lets up for you!

Sandy said...

Both pieces are gorgeous, but the colors in Gloria really call out to me, so will be anxious to see this completed. Finding the right frame for your projects makes all the difference in the world. Hope you find something you like. Sorry about the headache and earache, wonder if it's weather related. Hope you feel better soon.
Sandy's Space

diamondc said...

Hi DJ: It does feel good to have a finish this one is a beauty.
Gloria is a beauty also, I love the tree and the way they angle up.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Rose Ada is gorgeous, the bright colours are so cheerful. Nicola really does have a good eye for a sampler.
Gloria has always been one of my favourites for you to stitch so I'm glad to see that one out again.