Friday, April 28, 2023

Friday Frump Day

I finally did it!!  I slept past 6 AM!!   I can't tell you how much better I feel!!  I've been staying up way past my bed time (it's been 12 AM or later) and waking up by at least 6 AM for days...stress is a wonderful thing, isn't it?  LOL!!  Today I woke up at 6, checked FB but didn't turn the light on, then closed my eyes...and the next thing I knew it was 9:30!  Bliss, I almost feel human.  I have nowhere to go today, so I'm going to take a shower, put on some comfy clothes, and stitch the day away.  It's dark and rainy and fine weather for ducks, but I'm not ready to brave the elements today.  

I did want to post on my progress from yesterday, though.  After finishing the biscornu, I turned my attention to stitching.  I was a few weeks behind in my Peppermint Purple Blackwork SAL, so decided to catch up.   This is through part 17 complete.



After that I started stitching on the JWH Janse 1873 SAL over on the Soed Idee Blog.  The new pieces come out on Thursday and I really want to keep up to date on that one.  This is through part 3 complete. 



Then I picked up Rose Ada Featherstone.  This was an exclusive last year, and I love the silks I'm working with.  This is stitched on 46 count and drives my eyes a little crazy but it's a fun stitch.  These peacocks are going to be so pretty once I'm done!  I would love to get it finished so I keep picking away at it.  Hopefully I'll get a quite a bit more done, if I just get off this contraption and go stitch!  LOL  



I'm not sure what anyone has planned in the family for this weekend, but with a little luck, I'll be zooming with my former college roomie!  I'm so glad we've kept in touch.  Ok, off I go!  I hope the sun is shining where you are and you have a lovely Friday!  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

diamondc said...

Greetings DJ: Lovely projects you have made great progress, I cannot sleep past four am, I take the dogs for walks it so peaceful and quiet.
It is sunny but chilly in the 50s but not cold like winter.

Catherine

Shelly said...

Well, I'm kinda jealous over you getting that kind of sleep! Your projects are looking wonderful, btw. Yeah, I think stitching on 46ct would do me in! I'll happily watch your progress on Rose Ada.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your WIPs are looking good, DJ. Hope you are having a pleasant weekend and you were able to Zoom with your former college roommate.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have been a busy DJ! Well done on keeping up with this sampler, I saw the newsletter and thought it was very pretty.
You’ve done an amazing amount of FFO’ing too, I suspect it kept your mind busy when Mike was in hospital. He did rush back to work too, I thought he’d swing for a couple of days off at least! It that is very good sign that he’s considered fit enough to go in.
You can relax and focus on your stitching now you’ve caught up with your sleep.
Hope the weekend went well, always nice to have something to look forward to.