Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Tuesday Finishing Frenzy...

I had decided over the weekend that if I had free time this week I would be getting some finishing done.  Life seems to be out of control lately, you would think that since I'm unemployed that I would have all the time in the world.  I guess I do...but...there never seems to be enough hours in the day to get things I want to do done.  I've been gathering things and stitching things for an exchange.  I really still have a little over a month to get things done but the way things are going, I'll run out of time...so I had my stitching done...today I finally got them finished.  I also had a wedding sampler that needed framing and I've been more intentional in the ornaments I'm stitching and would like to have them done through the year rather than waiting until the last minute to finish them up.  I made a  huge dent, but know I will need to continue tomorrow.  Here are the 7 (yup, I finished SEVEN) that I was able to get done today.  Two of these are mine....the rest are all gifts!  Here they are...

Two Hearts, One Love by Victoria House Designs  



Life is Better by Lizzie Kate  



Come & Behold Him by Fancy Work  


Summer Posey by Jeannette Douglas Designs  



Chubby Bunny by Jeannette  Douglas Designs  



Count Twice by Plum Street Samplers  



Roses, Violets and Forget-me-nots from the book Miniature Embroidery.  



It's been a challenge gathering supplies, lacing all the pieces, cutting the matboard, choosing the trim, and assembling everything.  I like being creative but all that brain work makes me really tired...LOL!!  I'm off to give my brain a break and get a little stitching done.  It's good to be creative when I have so much on my mind, sure takes my mind off the worrying stuff.  For those who have asked about Mike, he's feeling good and went back to work today.   He talked to our family Doctor today and she explained the tests that were taken, and why they are waiting so long for the next tests.  We both feel better about things now, so thank you for your prayers and concerns.  For now we are just taking it day by day.  I hope you all  are well and safe.  And as always....Happy Stitching! 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad Mike seems to be feeling better and he had the opportunity to talk with your family doctor. Continuing to keep him (and you) in my prayers, DJ. What a wonderful assortment of finished finishes. It would be hard to pick a favorite. Will the forget me nots be a pendant or a pin? Happy Wednesday, DJ!