Saturday, April 15, 2023

April Gifted Gorgeousness


Wow I can't believe it's the middle of April already, where has the time gone?  It's been pretty busy here at DJ's Digs.  It's time to show our "gifts" that we've been stitching on this month.  Let's see...If you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is, please take a look at Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching.  She heads up this challenge each month, where we show our stitching that pertains to gifts.  It could be something gifted to us, or for someone else, or it could be materials gifted to us to stitch with.  Basically anything with "gift" associated with it!  LOL  If you head over to her blog on the 15th of each month you'll find a list of all who participate.  

I probably shouldn't show these things here, as they are gifts for someone, but I'm pretty sure they don't visit my blog.  Fingers crossed...lol  If they do, oh well, surprise half ruined.  First up is Two Hearts One Love by Victoria House Designs.  It was stitched on 40 count paperwait over two with DMC fibers.  I fell in love with this pattern and hoped to stitch it as a Valentine's gift for my husband...ooops, someone got married before I could stitch it for us.  Oh well...This is the unpersonalized version, I added initials and dates for the happy couple after this picture was taken.  I hope they like it...now to decide how to fully finish it.  



Next is Summer Posey  by Jeannette  Douglas stitched on 40 count Natural over two with substituted DMC floss.  I had hoped to fully finish this before this posting, but you know...best laid plans and all that.  I'm going to finish it on a round handled board.  



Next up is Count Twice by Plum Street Samplers.  Dear Mouse sent this to me from England as she had bought two and we had our own private SAL.  We finished on the same day.  I have to say, her personalization is much nicer than mine...and she used a different fabric, which I preferred over mine.  Now to get it fully finished, I thought I had something I could use, but it turned out to be the wrong size, so back to the drawing board.  Hopefully by next GG posting I'll have finished it.  



I may have posted this before, but I have been following Claire for a while now and each year she asks for stitched donations for her Christmas Tree that she decorates for her church each year.  I enjoy stitching for her tree...and this year she asked for all while hardanger pieces.  I'm still a novice, but bit the bullet and stitched this for her.  I love how it turned out!  If I find the time (and another pattern) I may give it another go!  This was Wintertide by Patricia Andrle and is a freebie on the Kreinik website.  



I started a new SAL by Soed Idee and since it's free for all, I count it as a gift.  The first part was just released on her blog on Thursday and luckily I had all the floss and fabric to get started.  This is called JWH JANSE 1853.  I'm stitching it on 25 count Natural over one.  I love it so far!  I did change one color due to it disappearing on the fabric I chose.



I also started a gift for an exchange.  Life is Better with Stitching Friends by Lizzie Kate.   I was able to get this finished just in time for GG!!  This is stitched on 40 count Lambswool over two with DMC floss.  Now to find a creative way to fully finish it off.  I'll put my thinking cap on!


 

I guess that's all the news for now.  I hope you are enjoying spring/fall wherever you are!  Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Your Summer Posey is looking lovely. I stitched the Fall one and popped it in a tart tin. It looks like your dark flowers are stitched with a variegated floss and I'd love to know what you used.

jocondine said...

Your "2 hearts" stitching is amazing, what a great gift (such lucky friends)! And the hardanger work for Clare will be a lovely part of her tree decoration. Well done! Amicalement. xxx

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful assortment of pretty pieces you have stitched, DJ! I love the round posy piece by Jeanette Douglas. Is the SAL by Soed Idee a mystery piece or is the whole thing available to see? Have a blessed Sunday and a wonderful upcoming week!

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: All your GG's are lovely, the Two Hearts One Love is a very pretty design.
Your new starts are sweet, I am looking forward to your progress.
Congratulations on the Hardanger, I have never done it in my life will now try for Clare.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The wedding sampler is lovely, such a nice gift to make.
Love the hardanger you made for Clare too, very neat!
I had to look twice at the last piece as I stitched that a while back. Just need to FFO it!

Mylene said...

Lovely finishes DJ! i especially love the "Coumt twice by Plum Street Samplers. Will add that to my growing wishlist. Love your hardanger piece too. i just started picking up my Hardanger WIP's..i didn'T know i had a few started more than 10 years ago.