Monday, April 24, 2023

Monday, Monday Again!

Wow...has it only been a week?  But what a week it's been!  Where to start...I've had a little bit of extra stitching time so I'll show you what I've been up to.  First off I caught up on Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope SAL by Climbing Goat Designs.  I really love how this looks, but stitching black on 40 count Navy over two is driving my eyes buggy!  LOL  Oh well, might as well do it while I can still see!  I finished part 3 just in time as part 4 comes out tomorrow.  This is a paid SAL and I receive new pattern through email.  I love how it looks! 


 

I also caught up on JWH JANSE 1873 SAL.  This can be found on the Soed Idee Blog and a new part is released each Thursday.  I have finished parts one and two.  I may restitch this as I'm not too keen how it looks on this fabric.  I did change one of the colors so it would show up on the 28 count natural fabric.   



I have been getting things ready for an exchange.  I was hoping to stitch this miniature and put it on a pendant, but I couldn't find black fabric with a high enough count...so I ended up putting it in this pocket watch frame.  I'll have to keep searching for another size fabric, wish me luck!!  This pattern came from the book Miniature Embroidery.  



Ok I guess you're all caught up.  In other news, we spent a little time in the ER and hospital down in Annapolis this weekend.  I was in nursing school when I first met my husband, but life got in the way and I never did finish my nursing degree (I got a math degree instead...crazy right!?)  Having a little medical knowledge can be a very bad thing when emergencies happen.  Add to the fact that I'm not good where blood is concerned...and there was a lot!!  I have to say I did keep my head, called my DIL to come pick up our granddaughter, called the nurse hotline to see what our next step should be and drove to the ER in rush how traffic before I started shaking like a leaf.  LOL!!  Once he was in the hands of the medical staff the adrenaline ran out.  He was in the ER for hours before they decided to keep him overnight and released him the next evening.  Oh, did I mention there were severe storm warnings and tornado watches while we were there?  Once the storm was over they let us go.  While I waited I stitched, I'm so thankful the light was good at the hospital!  Stitching tends to keep me calm.  So Sunday was a rest and relax day, but today we'll be on the phone making appointments for Dr visits and tests.  If you are a prayer warrior, would you please offer a prayer for Mike?  While they took a CT at the hospital they will need to do more in depth tests to see what all is going on.  I think I'll have a busy week coming up!!  Never a dull moment at DJ's Digs.  So I guess that's all the news for now.  I hope you all are safe and happily stitching wherever you are!  Take care...

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

First, let me say I am offering up prayers for Mike and for you, DJ. I am glad that you were able to stitch to bring some calmness your way. Your pieces all look lovely. What a beautiful finish with the pocket watch! Thinking of you.

Mylene said...

All your projects are coming along beautifully. Sending prayers for Mike, hope he is out of danger and on to recovery.