Sunday, May 7, 2023

I guess it's only fair...

I guess it's only fair that I wound up with another finish before the week was out!  I like to sneak in a few Christmas ornaments each month..LOL!  I was looking in my stash for something and found this little piece of 32 count charcoal.  It was just what this pattern called for.  This was a fun stitch.  It's called Snowy Greetings by Living on the Rainbow from the 2022 JCS Ornament Issue.  I'm not sure how I will finish this just yet, but my hope is to finish it before the end of the month.  This was a challenge piece from a Facebook Group I belong to.  Each month there is a designated pattern from the 2022 JCS Ornament issue which we can stitch or substitute it with another pattern from the same issue.  Hopefully I'll figure out a way to fully finish this soon.  



Since I'm trying to finish up some WIPs I have hanging out in my closet, I dug in and picked out this one called Flowers and Lace by Kooler Designs.  Last I knew this pattern was still available by PDF from their website.  Whatever fabric I'm stitching on (I think it's a lugana) it's like pulling thread through melted butter compared to the opalescent I was using with Gloria.  It's a pretty big pattern though, so it's hard to work on, but I'm going to work until it's finished.  I love the look of this piece!  I started this in January of 2020 as well, it's time I finished it up, don't you think?  I can't wait to hang it on my wall!  Here is where I am as of last night.  It's been a great week!   


I have tons of things to do next week, so I don't know how productive I will be but fingers crossed I will make some great progress on Flowers and Lace.  Wish me luck!  Until next time...Happy Stitching!!

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That charcoal fabric is fabulous for this month’s ornament.
The large piece is beautiful, isn’t it nice when the fabric is a pleasure to stitch on?

Robin in Virginia said...

Darling snowman ornament finish, DJ! I remember the Flowers and Lace piece you have pulled out to work on. I will be here in my corner cheering you on.