Monday, May 15, 2023

May Gifted Gorgeousness


Welcome to my Gifted Gorgeousness Post for May.  It's been a weird month for me so far.  I was thinking I wouldn't have much to show for GG this month, but looking back at my finishes since April 15th, I have more than I originally thought.  If you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is all about, I invite you to visit Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching by clicking here.  You will find what others are stitching for this challenge.  Basically it's anything with the word gift associated with it.  It could be something you have stitched with an item gifted to you, or something you are gifting someone else.  She has a tab at the top of her homepage that you can click on to see the rules and sign up to challenge yourself with the rest of us!  You can join in any time!  Ok, on with the show!  

First up, this was a gift my husband bought for me quite a number of years ago.  I started stitching on it on January 1st 2020.  It's very intensive with lots of quarter and three quarter stitches, outlining and specialty stitches...and LOTS AND LOTS of COUNTING.  I struggled for a while then set it aside for several months...but I decided it's time to finish off some of the bigger samplers I have that have been residing in my stitching closet for quite some time.  I finished Rose Ada Featherstone, then Gloria, and decided my  next one would be Flowers and Lace.  Whew...lol.  I'm determined to finish this before I pick up another piece.  Here is where I started, 




and here is where I am tonight.  



Let's see, what else have I been working on?  Oh yes, this is Special Delivery by Durene Jones from the 2022 JCS Ornament issue.  I consider anything stitched from the JCS magazines to be gifts as the subscriptions have been a gift from my husband each year.  



I also stitched Come and Behold Him by Fancy Work from the 2014 JCS ornament issue.  



I stitched Roses Violets and Forget me nots from the book Miniature Stitching twice.  I'm gifting these to some ladies who do not visit my blog.  I finished one in a pocketwatch frame,



 and the other in a pendant.  



Last is Snowy Greetings by Living on the Rainbow from the 2022 JCS Ornament issue.  



I guess that's all there is for the GG post.  I've had a lot of people asking how I'm feeling, I'm doing much better though I still have this silly cough.  I'm much better than I was last week...and I missed getting a visit from Miss A on Friday.  Still...I saw her briefly on Mother's day, she's becoming quite independent!  What a little character though!  Always keeping me in stitches.  

Ok, I'm off to bed, I nearly forgot what day it was so it's quite late as I type.  I hope you all are safe, healthy, and happy!  Until next time...Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

You have made incredible progress on Flowers and Lace, DJ. Your finishes are all so pretty. Well done! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I’m glad you managed to have a few things to show us!
Of course I’ve seen the finished design now but you did make some excellent progress on it.
The little floral designs on black fabric are beautiful too.