Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Merrily We Stitch Along...

I've had a few uninterrupted stitching days in a row...and while they were unplanned and not too much fun...I did get a lot of stitching done.  I'm finally caught up in Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope SAL.  Part 5 did a number on my head...or maybe it was because I was sick (Hence the uninterrupted stitching time) with sneezing and watery eyes, there was a LOT of confetti stitches so it was easy to lose my place in the pattern.  Still I persevered, and it is finished, and is probably one of the neatest portions of the pattern, I love how the swirl is so pronounced.   Only three more portions to go!



I was able to finish two ornaments (so far) this month so most of my July ornament goals have been met!  Yeah!  Here is Christmas Star from the 2022 JCS Ornament issue stitched on 36 count antique white over two.  This was a quick stitch and so much fun!  



Next is Little Christmas House from the 2015 JCS Ornament issue stitched on 36 count light khaki over two.  I love this one, and it will be finished in the shape of an antique ornament...wish me luck with that finish!  



Last is O Tannenbaum by With Thy Needle and Thread Part two.  I have had this in my stash for ages, and have actually stitched part one of five already!  This is stitched on 36 count Legacy over two with one strand of floss.  To me it looks a little faded so I'm a little disappointed with that, but I know I won't have enough floss if I use two strands...so onwards and upwards we go!  I'm going to finish this in a shadowbox, and hopefully I can finish that up this month.  It's been sitting around far too long!  I've already begun working on part three!  



Soooo, that's all that's fit to print today.  We've been having some wild weather, between thunderstorms, torrential rain, and even nickel sized hail it's been a little exciting at my house!  We had one thunderclap that rattled windows, and the lightning itself landed in the driveway of our neighborhood.  Thank you to those followers who consistently leave comments, I do read each one.  I'm just terrible at getting into the email service to respond, but I do appreciate the time and effort to write those comments!  I hope everyone is weathering the storms safely!  Happy Stitching! 

5 comments:

Katie said...

Wow the telescope piece looks beautiful. Sorry you had the ick. I had it a bit ago. I hate being sick when it's nice weather haha. But you got stitching time so that's nice at least. We've been missed by every darn drop of rain.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your ornament finishes are each so pretty, DJ. Well done on getting that part of the Hubble piece finished as well as part two of Oh Tannenbaum. I hope you are feeling better.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear you’ve been poorly. The Hubble Telescope design looks fabulous!
Lovely to see the framed pieces in the previous post too.

diamondc said...

Hi DJ: Hubble looks wonderful, so close to the finish.
I like all you ornament choices; I hope you share the finishing of them.
I try to respond to comments by email I do fail at that sometimes.
I wish we had thunderstorms here in Minnesota, it has been very dry.

Catherine

Sandy said...

You've been busy. Hope you feel better, and I get no fun trying to stitch with watery eyes etc. The telescope piece looks very involved and on the dark cloth, my eyes hurt just thinking about it. Best of luck with all your projects.
Sandy's Space