Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Well Whaddaya know?

I've been on a quest lately.  I have so many unfinished projects waiting in the wings, and lately I've decided it's time they saw the light of day.  As you know, I finished Gloria, then Flowers and Lace....and as I was digging through some things not too long ago, I found O Tannenbaum.  It' seems so crazy to me that I have all this unfinished things just sitting there, with the floss and even ways of fully finishing them waiting for their turn.  So, I dusted them off, and finished the final 4 parts of O Tannenbaum.  I can't even tell you when I finished the first one...which is pictured here...  



But it only took a few days of steady work to finish off the other 4...and here they are.  






I have the box, I'm deciding what I want to do with the box before I attach the pieces, but I'm getting there.  Hopefully soon I'll have made up my mind....so stay tuned!  

I've been working on odds and ends here and there and poor Peppermint Purple SAL was sitting there collecting parts...so I dusted that off, and got caught up within 3 days.  Fingers crossed I can keep up now...but don't hold your breath...because...you know...LIFE!  LOL  I'm going to do my best though!  Here it is through part 28 which came out today!  



Next on my list was United We Stand.  I finished the top part of the pincushion in September of 2020.  



Good Lord, what is taking me so long?  LOL!!  I'm starting on the 4 sides now...let's see how long this takes me.  I seem to have a frog sitting on my shoulder.  Anybody have some anti-frog banishing spray?  He needs to GO!  Wish me luck!!  I'll be back soon with an update!

I've been watching the horrible pictures of the flooding in NY and Vermont.  My heart is literally aching for those folks...so will you join in prayer with me for those who have been driven from their homes, and the families who have lost loved ones?  I'm still praying for the Canadians who are in the midst of the wildfires there too.  My prayer list keeps growing by leaps and bounds.  Ok, my stitching buddy, who thinks if his food bowl is empty that he is starving whenever I walk into the kitchen, is here yowling to be fed.  I'll be back soon with my Gifted Gorgeousness update in a few days.  Till then, stay safe, stay healthy and Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful finishes, DJ! Each and every one of them! I am playing catch up on my blog reading as I wait on the laundry this afternoon. Always good to see your posts!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's always lovely to get an older piece finished! Three lovely projects here that deserve to be worked on.
It's why I like my Longest Day Marathon so much, everything gets a few stitches in to see if I still like it!

Katie said...

I'm hoping to pick up the rest of my stash out of storage and have a big look at what all I have. Sometimes it's easy to forget what we have going and almost done. A new start is a lot more fun haha. For me at least. Lovely work on everything though.