Saturday, July 15, 2023

July Gifted Gorgeousness

July...already....where has this year gone?    I swear the older I get the faster time goes.  Anyway...it's time to showcase our "gifts" for the month.  If you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is please visit Serendipitous Stitching (click here) to see what others are stitching, hosted by the lovely Jo.  You can learn the rules (click here) and sign up to join us if you like.  You can join at any time.  Basically we showcase things that are associated with the word "gift".  It can be something we stitch using something that was gifted to us such as fabric, floss or patterns, or it can be something we gift to someone else or that someone has stitched and gifted to us.  I do have a few things to post this month...I've been a bit busy!  

I always post things I've stitched from the Just Cross Stitch (JCS) magazine as DH has gifted all the issues that have been published since the beginning.  (Yes I'm spoiled!!).  Since last month I've stitched Noel by MTV Designs from the 2022 JCS Ornament Issue   



Bear-ly Waiting For Christmas by Black Swan Designs from the 2001 JCS Ornament Issue  



Christmas Star by KEB Studio Creations from the 2022 JCS Ornament Issue 



and Little Christmas House by La-D-Da from the 2015 JCS Ornament Issue.  I'm slacking on the finishing front, but I have a ton of things waiting in the wings to finish...so hopefully soon I'll get my act together.  



So many things going on right now that I'm way behind in a lot of things.  I'll get there soon!  I participated in a Gift of Stitching Summer Exchange this year.  It was fun stitching all these things and hopefully my partner enjoyed her package.  Here is what I sent her.  



I was truly spoiled by my partner!  I truly loved everything she sent.  Here is what she sent me.  



I consider the free SALs I participate in as gifts.  The designers so generously give us these patterns for free and I have enjoyed stitching on them.  Here is Peppermint Purple SAL 2023.  I am finally caught up except for the outer border...I'll get to that soon!  I really enjoy this version which is half blackwork and half cross stitch.  



Back in 2022 this kit was offered as an exclusive.  At the time my husband offered to gift it to me for our anniversary.  This is United We Stand and I am working on one of the sides.  I have had this sitting in my closet for over a year and since I'm trying to get unfinished things done, this was next on my list.  Wish me luck won't you?  I'm not sure why this has been sitting there for so long!  




Ok, I'm off to get ready, I have a lot of things  planned for today.  I'm going to the library to see about classes to convert slides (remember those?) to digital images.  I read they give classes then allow you to use the equipment for free.  I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures from half a century ago.  Then we are going to a baseball game tonight.  Tomorrow we have a free concert with friends to hear a female band play Beatles music (provided we don't get rained out).  We are having a picnic beforehand...lol  Should be fun!  Monday I have Miss A here for the day.  It's all "little" things that keep me busy...but I enjoy everything.  I hope the weather cooperates!  It sure has been HOT here!!  So wherever you are I hope you are comfortable, healthy and happily stitching!  Take care!! 

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful assortment of pieces you shared for gifted gorgeousness, DJ! Hope you have had an enjoyable weekend!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the Christmas Ornaments, especially this month's choice. It's so simple but very effective.
Your exchange is great and I Spy the Jim Shore 12 Days chart there, that's a beauty!
Well done on keeping up with the blackwork SAL too.
Enjoy the next few busy days!

Shelly said...

I think your hubby is a keeper! I'm stitching from the ornament magazines too. You have some super projects going; looking good🙂

jocondine said...

Love all your WIP, already so many Christmas ornies on blogs... Wonderful patterns and colors on Peppermint and Purple SAL. xxx

Katie said...

Beautiful work. Have fun on all your little things. Those memories are priceless.

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: Lovely gift exchange both what you gave and what you received.
Your Christmas Ornaments are beautiful choices, I am looking forward to seeing them constructed.
Wow Peppermint Purple is really showing progress, what a beautiful design United We Stand is, good luck on your progress.

Catherine