Friday, July 26, 2024

Stitch the Olympics: Day One

Well, here we are...the Olympics start today in Paris.  I'm taping the Opening Ceremonies as I have a commitment tonight.  Today the theme was Opening Ceremonies and our quest was to stitch something new...and since Sarah A. Sanderson 1872 arrived just a few short days ago, I decided I would start her.  This was an exclusive chart through Homespun Needlwork (Cross stitch and Samplers) Facebook page.  The Scarlett House is the designer.  I'm stitching this on 46 count over 2 Valley Forge linen from Needle and Flax with NPI silks.  I have to say, this fabric is like butter!  It's a joy to stitch on!!  Here is my starting photo...  



And here is my finish for today.  



I stitched  500 stitches!!!  Tune in tomorrow when I'll reveal my pick for Parade of Nations.    Oh..and by the way...I did finish Day 11 in the stocking series.  Day 12 is in the hoop...I'm hoping I can squeeze in a finish somewhere in the next couple of weeks.  Wish me luck!



Thank you for those who have been cheering me on...I really appreciate your kind comments!  Happy Stitching! 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Day 11 looks fantastic, DJ. What a beautiful choice for your new start! Well done on getting in 500 stitches! The fabric is beautiful.