Thursday, July 25, 2024

Mass Confusion...lol

Well....it's the 25th of July so...I'm going to post about the Friendly Stitchers Christmas in July exchange.  We were to stitch something Christmas related and send it unfinished to our partner by the first of July so we could finish it ourselves and post at the end of the month.  I'm a stickler for dates...so sue me...lol.  I like to think Christmas in July should land on the 25th...so here goes.  Christine sent me this lovely gift...and I think I  found the perfect frame.  I recognize this ornament from a Just Cross Stitch magazine, but couldn't put my finger on the name of it.  Doesn't it look like the frame was made for this?    



While I was searching for a way to finish this...I came across this frame in my stash...a lightbulb went off and I thought Summer's Swan by With Thy Needle and Thread would fit perfectly....it just seems to suit it, doesn't it?  Now I have another picture to add to my summer display!



I'm also going to add  a few more of the 12 Days of Christmas stockings that I have finished.  I'm very close to finishing the 11th stocking and will probably start the 12th stocking today, but I'm unsure when I'll get the rest of it done.  Here are 8, 9, and 10.





Tomorrow starts the "Stitch The Summer Olympics" challenge by the Naptime Stitcher.  A local friend of mine contacted me a few days ago to ask if I was going to do this challenge.  I looked it over and thought...why not?  I've been scrambling the past few days to find projects that would fit the different categories and what I came up with I have posted in a separate page.  You can find it in the headings above.  

I'm also going to participate in another challenge to stitch the miles between hosts on the Stitching Shack Facebook page (each stitch counts as one mile)...so I'll be counting stitches as I go as well.  So, if all goes well, I'll be posting daily what I'll be stitching...starting tomorrow with the Opening Ceremony...with a new start.  I know what I'll be stitching.... and my fingers are itching to get started!  So...come cheer me on...or come join the fun!  It all starts tomorrow!  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Both frames are indeed perfect. Sounds like a fun stitching exchange. Your little stockings are very cute, and very festive.
Sandy's Space

Robin in Virginia said...

8, 9, and 10 look fantastic, DJ. The frames are perfect for your pieces, especially the arch one with the Christmas piece. You know I will be here cheering you on with your stitching. Happy Friday!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Those frames are perfect, great stash searching. Your stockings look great. I'm not sure what stitching time I'll have but I will be working on my secret project whilst watching the Olympics