Monday, July 29, 2024

Stitch the Olympics: Day Four

 It's Day Four....and I made a last minute change.  Today was the Olympic Rings...and we were supposed to stitch using fabric or floss the color of the Olympic Rings.  I had a Christmas ornament that was mostly red, but then I thought...why not just stitch something with the rings?  About that time, I saw a freebie on the Blackbird Designs (Souvenir of France) with the Eiffel tower on it...room at the bottom to exchange the words for rings and a date I could change on the side.  



So...here is my little commemorative of the 2024 Summer Olympics!  This is stitched on 40 count Latte by Fiber on a Whim over two with substituted DMC floss 645, 729, 931, 3363, and 3722.  1257 stitches later, I have a finish!  



I had a little time left last night after I finished Summer Posey, and I only had a little more to stitch on Stocking 12 from the 12 Days of Christmas Stockings by Annie Beez Folk Art...so I went ahead and finished that one too!  Now they are all done...now to find the time to assemble them.  



I probably won't have as much time to stitch the rest of the week as I have appointments coming up.  Fingers crossed I can keep up with the challenge!  I hope you all are well and enjoying your summer!  Happy Stitching!  

2 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely little stitch for the Olympics, well done on stitching your stockings

Robin in Virginia said...

Your 12th Day stocking looks fabulous, DJ. What a lovely design you picked for your Olympic stitch. Love your changes! I hope your appointments go well for you.