Monday, December 6, 2021

Be Merry and Bright!

 I can't remember a time when I have been this organized and ready for Christmas.  The tree is up, and mostly decorated...the outdoor decorations are up, the Christmas cards have been sent, all my presents that have to be sent out have been sent, all the ornaments I hoped to make for others are done and given out, and most of the gifts I hoped to buy have been found  (I'm still waiting on a couple of packages to be delivered)...and it's only the first week of December.  Mostly all I have left to do is wrap packages.  How did that happen???  LOL!!

So I decided it was time to stitch something for myself.  I was looking back at all the stuff I stitched last year.  Since I have a stitch pen pal, well two actually, I have tried to send them something once a month.  I fell behind for my British pal, but kept up with my Texas pal.  I stitched an entire advent calendar for my DIL, kept up with the Christmas ornament SAL which included 3 Christmas ornaments a month...one was the 12 Dragonlets of 2012.  I think this year I'll try to stitch a little more of the things I had hoped to do for myself.  My stash is full to overflowing, and still I find myself drooling over other things.  So...I'm going to dig through my stash and hope to stitch those things I really love.  I'm going to start in January stitching on an exclusive I found this year from Hobby House.  I'm looking forward to working with the silks that came with the kit.

I said all that to say, this was the first thing I pulled out of my kitted up stash box.  Be Merry and Bright by The Scarlett House.  I stitched this on 40 count Light Mocha over two.  I'm not sure how I want to finish this, it was finished as a pillow by the designer but I'm horrible at pillow stuffing...haha.  For now I will put it in my finished box and ponder on it for a while.



I am also hoping to finish up a stack of WIPS I have lounging in my closet.  I'm a terrible serial starter!  LOL  I'm making a list and hoping to knock a few things off.  That's another thing I hope to do next year, is do something with all the finishes I have sitting in a box.  I have been experimenting with a few different ways to finish things besides framing...I have tried to  be a little more creative so my pen pal doesn't get bored with the things I send her.  Wish me luck!

I know there will be a couple more posts before the end of the year, so keep watching this space.  I will have a gifted gorgeousness post on the 15th and show what I've sent off to people who live far away.  I hope you all are taking time to enjoy the season and reflect on the important things.  If this year (and last) has taught me anything, life is precious and fleeting...do your best to make it a good one!  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

You are organised, enjoy your decorations. Stitching for yourself sounds a great idea in 2022, some of your wips may fit the Topsy Turvy SAL. Merry Christmas 🎄

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's so nice to stitch fro yourself as well as for others! Love the design you chose too.
I'm quite organised but it still seems a little early to do too much!

diamondc said...

DJ: It sounds like you are organized, something I am not.
Lovely Merry And Bright design.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Katie said...

Nice to hear you are doing well and organized. I still have a few things left to purchase but doing good. I was really in the mood for Christmas this year which sure felt great. So I'm enjoying each December day. Beautiful work on your new piece.